Anonymous

What do you plan to do about all the close minded people?

Personally, I plan to gather them all on a spaceship and jeticine them away to a distant galaxy where they call all have wars and leave us alone.

To Wonderful Alice: That's interesting, do you also admire the tree that never sprouts from the seedling?

Favorite Answer

I don't think closed mindedness isn't all that bad really. Shouldn't open minded people be more open minded about the closed minded?

Closed minded people have a belief system that they stick to. They hang to their morals and stick with what they believe in. Why is closed mindedness always such a bad thing? I think open minded people are weak and pathetic. They are easily convinced to go against their morals, they don't have any strong beliefs, and the things they DO believe come from some closed minded person ranting about why they should have a particular mind set. Four years down the line, an open minded person's beliefs and morals have changed. Give it another year or two and they've changed again. I understand closed minded people should be more open about CERTAIN things, but when it comes to beliefs and morals and opinions, we should look up to those who decide to stick with what they believe in even if we don't believe it it ourselves.

*Edit*

Although you're metaphor is nice and chipper and all, but it doesn't exactly work. You're talking about 2 different people here. Those who believe something, and refuse to change their minds, and those who are "open" to different beliefs. Let's look at homosexuality because this seems to be a rather easy topic. My beliefs are based on psychology and what I consider common sense. Because I say homosexuality is wrong, I'm considered "closed minded". An open minded person is someone who believes homosexuality is great and how we should embrace it. Shouldn't the person who is pro homosexuality be more open minded to the person who is against homosexuality? I can point out tons of examples on why homosexuality is NOT okay and I can tell you why they should not be allowed to marry. But just the fact that I'm against homosexual marriage makes me "closed minded" and that's all anyone needs to hear before they can throw out my argument. This whole "pro-homosexuality" is a current fad amongst the American people. Along with the belief in global warming and saving the environment. No body cared about any of these two topics before it became "the thing to do". So here we are...a bunch of people who are considered to be the "open minded" ones following each other around and caring about topics that are popular. And the people who sit back and say "You know what, I don't believe in it because of this reason, that reason, and this reason..." are the ones who are closed minded. You're open minded if you follow the fad. You're closed minded if it doesn't seem right to the majority of America.

So really, EVERYONE is a bit closed minded. Even you. Let's take the issue of abortion. Those who believe abortion should be a woman's choice will never be convinced that abortion is wrong. And those who believe abortion is wrong will never be convinced that abortion should be allowed. EVERYONE has an opinion and NO ONE will be convinced against their own opinion. What makes you closed minded is not whether or not you're open to the opposite opinion, but whether or not your opinions fall under the everyone else's opinions.

bad idea because they will find their way back and get even with us, send them to the sun instead. this way it'll be foolproof

now if we were to ever do that we should also include

-racists

-sex offenders

-terrorists

-bigots

-idiots

however though we would all have to reproduce very quickly because getting rid of the idiots would eliminate half the population

Just leave their mind closed. On day it will have to open.

Send them to the moon.

They can enjoy unlimited amounts of cheese.

that sounds like a great plan. it depends how close minded they are though because sometimes they are not always bad people.

• Najee

Educate them!

Open their minds...

Surgically.

(;