what are magic the gathering cards worth?

i have 2 unopened decks of magic the gathering cards both packs have 30 cards 1st deck box reads "white planeswalkers,,,,,guided by duty and law. white planeswalkes lay down the and command armies to enforce them." 2nd deck box reads "green planeswalkers,,,,,,,ferocity defines green planeswalkers who overwhelm their enemies with giant creatures." i know nothing about theses cards or the game, should i try to sell them or just toss them?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

the best way is to sell it, rare magic cards sell from 10-30 dollars each.. or if you dont want to waste your time looking for the price, just give it to someone you know who plays MTG. Im sure whoever that lucky person would be very delighted.. if you want to sell it you can check out www.wizards.com/magic... in there you can search the decks that you have. their expansions, rarity of the cards, types of cards and there are also links of stores that sell MTG. in that way you can have an idea of how much it cost.. by the way, how did you get those in the first place? lol

Source(s): www.wizards.com/magic
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

These two decks are preconstructed promotional decks from GenCon 2008 (GenCon is an annual gaming convention).

They seem to sell on eBay for $4-$5 each, so the most you could expect to get for both is $8-$10. I'd probably just give them away if you know anyone who plays Magic. It's probably not worth trying to sell them.

Source(s): I play Magic, and I wouldn't buy these but I would accept them if someone offered them to me for free. eBay search
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You have to take a look at each card individually, you could be sitting on a good deal of money.

Look up the individual cards on www.cardshark.com and undercut the people selling there, or take them to a local hobby shop (I'd look up the values first)

• 1 decade ago

These are preconstructed promo decks. They aren't worth much. Maybe $5 each or so. Give them to a nerdy friend. Or someone who plays magic.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

ok for one your not a player so i'm not sure how you got the boxes anyways try selling them like at a local hobby shop or a comic book store.

if you have none then sell them on ebay or a site like it.

selling them is always better then just throwing them out.

• 1 decade ago

Selling them will net you more money than tossing them out.

• 1 decade ago

Nothing unless you have some cards from arabian knights

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nothing

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.