Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 door as a family car?

Ready to leave my youthful days of cruising around in my cute little cabrio behind and go for something more grown up. I want to get a bigger car so I feel safer, but not TOO big. I hate driving bigger cars, but something with a little height on it would be a plus. I hate the idea of having to lose my... show more Ready to leave my youthful days of cruising around in my cute little cabrio behind and go for something more grown up. I want to get a bigger car so I feel safer, but not TOO big. I hate driving bigger cars, but something with a little height on it would be a plus.

I hate the idea of having to lose my convertible, but in the future, when I start to have a family, it just won't be practical. I still want to be able to have fun with it, have the opportunity for offroading/towing, but eventually transition into a family car.

I figured this 4 door jeep offered the best of both worlds. I can still have my convertible, but it's higher and bigger then mine now. It's not as big as an SUV or a minivan that typically would be considered a family car, which is good for me since I'm not comfortable driving huge cars.

I guess my question is, anyone out there who has a 4 door wrangler, do you use it as your family car? If not, would you? Why or why not? Anyone know the safety ratings on it for kids/carseats etc. Any info/input would be great. Thanks!