Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Obama handled the Pirate Situation perfectly, why are the Conservatives not giving him credit?

He met 17 times to coordinate the different agencies and he gave orders to shoot to kill if the Captains life was in danger. Everything worked out as planned and he did not go on to brag about it or wrap himself in the Flag or the Navy Seals bravery, unlike our last president who put on a flight suit on an aircraft carrier and declare mission accomplished. I guess most people will now see what the rest of us already have. The Conservative Right has little if any credibility and they can criticize all they want but the only ones listening are the rest of the ten percent Right Wing Conservatives. I am pretty sure you cannot win an election with ten percent? Do conservatives risk even further alienating the general public with their constant and mostly unfounded criticism of Obama?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

If they ever do have a serious point to make it is very doubtful that anyone will listen. We are so sick of listening to them talk about his birth certificate and lie about his religion and in general just "cry wolf" over every petty thing. You have heard the story about the boy who cried wolf, it did not turn out very good for the boy now did it?

• 1 decade ago

We don't give your Lord Obama credit because he deserves no credit. All your Lord Obama did was stay out of the way and let the Navy do its job. Now that it's over you liberals are already trying to rewrite history and make up lies saying that Obama is responsible for what went right.

Bush put on a flight suit because Bush is a trained pilot and he actually flew a plane while he was wearing that flight suit. And where was your little Lord Obama when Bush was being trained as a National Guard pilot? I think your little Barry Boy was in an islamist school at the time learning to hate America.

• 1 decade ago

If you want to give Obama some credit for giving the order to shoot, then I can agree with you on that. But the Navy SEALS deserve most of the credit for executing the plan perfectly.

I like how you equate this incident with conservative lack of realization of "how good a president he is". Last time I checked, unemployment and crime were at an all time high, while the DOW teeters around 8,000.

Since Obama got a new dog, does that mean he's going to fix health care for children?

• 1 decade ago

The Navy, not the president, handled the situation perfectly. they, not he, should get the credit. obama finally did what any President should do. obama is being made out to be some great decisive military leader when what he did was not really that extraordinary. what our badass military did was extraordinary.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Actually, and surprisingly, Rush Limbaugh gave him credit, saying:

"We must, when we see brilliance in action, decisiveness--the Seals? Seals couldn't have done diddly squat were it not for the decisive, cool under pressure, first test passed President Obama."

• jo
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Because they hate him. President Obama is still the Commander in Chief. Yes, the Seals did a good job carrying out his orders. Excellent job.

• 1 decade ago

because they're pissed that this is another thing that proves obama is a good president. they probably wanted the captain to be killed, just to make obama look bad. now that he has been saved, they cant use that against obama. that's probably why they're pissed off. im sure that they are a little happy because they have plan b, which is the other ships that were taken over by pirates.

• 1 decade ago

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/14/borger.repu...

Some excellent comments here..

What is the point? even here, people were mouthing off that he was not doing anything.. IN PUBLIC. Of course.. to their petty minds.. it meant he wasn't doing anything at all.

Get a grip, people.. situations like this one, are NOT GOING to broadcast in real time.

SO SO tired of the petty claims against Obama, from this situation to the garbage about him being "born in Kenya".

Republicans are making FOOLS of themselves, and they will not face up to it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What did he do? and by the way where is the source where you got this supposed information?

Thank the brave military for doing an outstanding job, they deserve the credit, NOT Obama

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I bet you celebrate a brilliant football coach that goes for it on the goal line when it is fourth and inches too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.