Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 1 decade ago

why is dale more popular than kerry?

because him name is dale? doesn't kerry have a son thats supposed to be in nascar in a few years?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Ben
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Kerry does have a son that is apparently very good. Jr is more popular because he stayed in racing. About 15 years ago Kerry had to make a huge decision, keep racing full time, or stay home and put all his effort in being a good father. He chose to stay and be a father, which nobody can say is a bad choice. Jr never had to make that kind of choice. And it doesn't hurt he shares a name with a legend.

• tom p
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

He just didn't have to make the decisions that Kerry did. Kerry really did not even know his father until he was around 16. He then got the racing bug, he raced until he retired. In December 2007, he announced, in a year-end letter to his fans on his website kerryearnhardtonline.com, that he had retired as a competitive driver. He is still an active test driver for DEI.

Maybe had Sr. been there more, Kerry would be as big of a name as Jr. is.

Who knows.

Source(s): But I digest..... Just my 2 cents.
  • 1 decade ago

Kerry hasn't raced as much. He didn't grow up with his dad, he was with his mom. While Dale Jr. was growing up living with his dad he did get to be around racing all the time and learned quite a bit. Although Kerry is older he came around later in his life to the racing scene.

I would like to see Kerry race more too. He seems like a nice guy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Since a few of you have answered the question really well, I have nothing to add...........What is up with the grammar on here today?? WOW, seems like a lot of these folks do not need a break from school!!

"because him name is dale? doesn't kerry have a son thats supposed to be in nascar in a few years?"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Kerry hasn't raced much. especially not in Sprint Cup. He hasn't been seen racing, or gotten the media exposure that Dale Jr. has. Kerry raced mostly in lesser divisions and has never won in Sprint Cup. Dale Jr. won the Daytona 500 and has been in the Chase at the end of the year. He has also won or placed high in numerous other Sprint Cup races. He also raced with his dad many times and was running in second at the Daytona 500 when Dale senior was killed in the same race.

• 1 decade ago

From what I understand Kerry wasn't around his Dad most of his life, and hasn't raced in Cup, or Nationwide very much. Kerry has a son (Jeffery) that races in East or West, being groomed for Nascar.

Source(s): Lenny: LMAO!
  • JohnF
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Kerry is a double for Sr.,Jr. don't know what happened to him..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

good point. since hater nation insists junior is only popular because of his last name, why isn't kerry just as popular?

• because june bugg nation is stupid!!!!!!!!!

GO REED SORENSON 43!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

not sure

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.