promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 1 decade ago

which side of your brain is the creative side?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

We do have only one brain, but it's got various 'bits'. The part of the brain that controls rational functions, the cerebral cortex, is made up of two halves. These are connected by masses of nerve fibres which allow 'messages' to pass between them. These halves are commonly called the right brain and left brain, but should more correctly be termed 'hemispheres'. For some reason, our right and left hemispheres control the 'opposite' side of our bodies, so the right hemisphere controls our left side and processes what we see in our left eye while the left hemisphere controls the right side and processes what our right eye sees. The left brain is associated with verbal, logical, and analytical thinking. It excels in naming and categorizing things, symbolic abstraction, speech, reading, writing, arithmetic. The left brain is very linear: it places things in sequential order -- first things first and then second things second, etc. If you reflect back upon our own educational training, we have been traditionally taught to master the 3 R's: reading, writing and arithmetic -- the domain and strength of the left brain. The right brain, on the other hand, functions in a non-verbal manner and excels in visual, spatial, perceptual, and intuitive information. The right brain processes information differently than the left brain. For the right brain, processing happens very quickly and the style of processing is nonlinear and nonsequential. The right brain looks at the whole picture and quickly seeks to determine the spatial relationships of all the parts as they relate to the whole. This component of the brain is not concerned with things falling into patterns because of prescribed rules. On the contrary, the right brain seems to flourish dealing with complexity, ambiguity and paradox. At times, right brain thinking is difficult to put into words because of its complexity, its ability to process information quickly and its non-verbal nature. The right brain has been associated with the realm of creativity.

Haha - So the right brain! :)

I hope this helps!! :)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Creative Side Of The Brain

• 6 years ago

It used to be that when a child would be pick up a pencil or crayon or any other writing tool with their left they were chastised and quite frequently smacked on the knuckles until they perceived it was incorrect to continue in this fashion. School children were treated as untrained animals that needed to be corrected quickly so as not to form what was perceived as an 'undesirable habit.' Only the very persistent continued to write with their left hand. In today's world writing with your left hand does not necessarily mean a person is more creative then one who naturally chooses to write with their right hand, they just have a natural pre-election to do so. However, the right side of the brain is recognized as the 'creative hub,' so to speak for human beings.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its the right side of the brain. Ever heard the fact left handed people are more creative than right handed? That's because the left side of your body is controlled by the right side of your brain and your right side is controlled by your left side of your brain. That's why its said right handed people are not as creative, because the left side of the brain deals with the clever stuff and the right side of the brain is the artistic and creative stuff.

Hope this helps. :)

• ?6 years agoReport

That would make sense since you're right brain which is considered the creative side controls your left hand

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

RE:

which side of your brain is the creative side?

Source(s): side brain creative side: https://trimurl.im/b41/which-side-of-your-brain-is...
  • 1 decade ago

I believe it is the left side.

• 6 years ago

Hi all,

i'm right handed and i consider myself creative. i play piano, i draw, i do woodworking and i'm a graphic design artist.

geez!!! jack of all trades master of none so to speak!!!! smh!!!

• 1 decade ago

I'd go with right.

• 1 decade ago

it actually differs for everyone. usually the left side though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i have serious issues with this "you only use one side of your brain for such and such activies"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.