High Hat cymbals as crashs?

Ive been using my spare high hat cymbals as crashs and there sounding really good but will the cymbals crack easier or are high hats as strong as crashs?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You shouldn't be using hi hats as crashes. They may sound good now, but they're not meant to be used as crashes, so they will probably break sooner than a regular crash. You should probably invest a little bit of money in some good cymbals. It really depends on how serious you are in playing the drums. If you're a beginner, you should probably go for some zildjian or some sabian cymbals. They have some amateur cymbals for under $200. If you're really a beginner, and you're not that serious about playing the drums, then you should probably go for some Wuhan cymbals. They will be under $100 a piece, and they're the cheapest cymbals that you can find. Actually, the Wuhan china cymbals sound pretty good, although they break pretty easily. If you're more experienced, and you're looking for professional quality cymbals, I would go for some more customized cymbals, or some foreign cymbals. I use 21" Meinl Byzance Medium crashes, but they are almost $400 a piece. They sound absolutely amazing though, but they're only for someone who is really serious about playing. You could also look into some Paiste cymbals. They make very good hi-hats in particular. They have a really thick, crispy sound. So basically, there are a whole lot of cymbals out there to choose from. If you're a beginner, Wuhan, if you're really into drumming, go with Meinl or Paiste.

• Hawk M
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

the only rule in music,

if it works use it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.