Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what is your opinion on a 31 year old woman dating a 21 year old guy?

I meet this guy at a club and we hit it off pretty well, has great sense of humor and personality. However, when i asked him how old he was he stated he was 21 years old!!, he knows my age and complimented that i looked younger than my age. People usually state that i look like I am 23 or 25 years old. So i gave him my phone number and now he is asking me for a date. But honestly to all of you please be honest with me!

Favorite Answer

It depends what you want, Olivia! I am sure that you fully realise, it is not how old your face is; but how old your brain is! I too look younger than my real age and always have, with the result that I hardly ever got served in a pub. below the age of 27! Now a woman of 31 is streets ahead emotionally and experiencially of a 21 year old guy.

I have had several relationships with younger guys, although the youngest was 8 years my junior. They always start OK and as a bit of fun, YES! But in the long term I found their "childishness" which was just me being annoyed at their immaturity, unjustly really, very cloying. Age is more than just a number, it is part of the sums we add up on our journey through life. Yes it is flattering, for a quick fling/bit of fun: but not if you want a long term pairing. Enjoy!

I say go for it!! Why not? If you guys are attracted to eachother, & you have fun together then there is no reason not to. I don't believe in all those relationship rules, those were thought of years n' years ago. It's 2009 everythings good. look at Demi Moore, she's dating ashton kutcher who's 15 years younger than her & they've been together for like 3-4 years now. I hope when I'm 31, 21 year old guys hit on me =D Good luck & have fun