Can someone list a US socialist policy that operates efficiently, effectively and provides quality service?

Public Education?

Medicare?

Veterans Administration?

Public Infrastructure?

Public Transit?

The FDA?

Internal Revenue Service?

Social Security?

Public Housing?

Welfare?

Favorite Answer

None of the above

Source(s): proud to be a conservative American

It's SO refreshing to see the repuglicans offering to give up ANY possibility of getting medicare when they get older, VA benefits if they're veterans who need care at some point, ANY "entitlements", (ie: Unemployment, Workers Comp., etc.), if, God Forbid, they or a member of their family was to either get seriously ill or become laid off, or any assistance from law enforcement or Fire Dept's if they had an emergency. After all, they're all socialist programs. While they may have some problems with the way they are run-I guess conservatives feel that privately owned banks and super corporations are MUCH better managed.

Perhaps these people that feel the ONLY solution to our economic crisis right now is "Tax Cuts", and are SO opposed to EVERYTHING else, (if a Democrat proposes it), especially our President and all these "socialist" programs; should go ahead, pick a nice big State, (Texas?), and we'll peacefully allow them their own free-market, no-Govt. , society? Unfortunately, I doubt they'd be happy with THAT-and their hate-mongering, big-mouthed leaders, would convince their robotic followers to "take up their arms", and see just how many "liberal trophy's" they could rack up. Oh, wait though-aren't these the same people who preach "pro-life", and, (most), call themselves "Christians"?? hmmmm....

Source(s): common sense, and the Bible-which honored life, compassion, respect and unity, last time I read it
  • Ender

Oooooo...I know.

FEMA

The DMV

The US Post Office (today I mailed a letter and it only took an hour!)

Homeland Security

O....wait. I thought you said "inefficiently, ineffectively, and provides poor service". Scratch that.

Your name is insulting to me.

You declare Liberal but ask for socialist party?

I'd almost bet you were trying to frame Liberals as "evil socialists" or something.

But, anyway, I'll be honest and tell you that SPUSA is not very Socialist, and the remaining ones are poor in members and class to the point of being ineffective. No socialist party in the US is true Socialist as defined by Democratic Socialist standards.

Good luck in your search though, may i recommend Canada? They have a quite lively Socialist party ;)

• c.n.

Sure, just look at the what the congress and house get for doing their jobs. Working pretty good for them, I'd say.

How about the way Bush socialized the bankers before he left office? Didn't that work for you? (I laugh as the right tries to imply that the bailouts were Obama's doing, thankfully the internet will show when and where it started, and we will be glad to point out that once a boulder starts downhill, you cannot stop it).

• Never but all you named are notoriously inefficient.

American 52 years none of them work well.

How funny someone has to ask if these are socialist.

Show how good our schools are.

We also were not taught they are Socialist even in the 1960s.

But alas a Rose by any other name is still a rose.

Source(s): Public Education Number one waste and worst offender.

The usage of "socialist" negates the possibility of "quality" and words of the like.

Any human creation is corrupt and inefficient at some levels. I am sure that even people who have worked in both the public and private sectors have seen things that may or may be in the best interest of the public good.

The highways in the US are very well maintained.

Public transit really varies by city. In Boston it's quite nice.

• KJ

Social programs are needed. But to what extent is the matter of debate. Some American Indians tribes used to take their old up in the mountains and leave them to fend for themselves when they could no longer work.

What if those weren't there? You Republicans want to privatize every aspect of America, when if ever this is allowed who then could afford to take their kids to a former public park? You are advocating your own destruction , but then again talking points is all your party has left. I have never figured out why any member of the working class would vote for the very party that screws the working class.

Can you imagine a world crafted from your own desires?

Instead of Interstates, we would have private highways.

Instead of Public education ...all private

Veterans Adminstration....all private (For Profit)

Your solutions would be laughable if not so dangerous.