Is $100/per hour for a tattoo expensive?

this is the tattoo that im planning on getting eventually. yess i know it will hurt. Approximatly how long do you think it will take too?

Favorite Answer

No, $100 is not high, that is my hourly rate. Usually hourly rates only apply to larger tattoos, like the one you want. A lot of it depends on how well you sit during the process, if you need breaks to resettle yourself. It's not that artists want to work slowly to make more money, we just can't always predict how long it will take to do larger pieces. I know of shops that require a sitting fee of $500 just to be tattooed, then you pay for the price of the tattoo on top of that, now that's a little extreme. I've also never been to a shop where the hourly rate is any less than $100. To do the tattoo you posted, exactly like it is, would be about 4 and a half hours. Now, be careful, if you take that exact picture in and say you want that tattoo, your artist may turn you away. It's disrespectful to copy someone else's tattoo. Maybe go in and tell them you want one similar to that one, and ask them to help you design it.

Source(s): Shop owner, in the business 14 years.

The tattoo parlor I go to charges $100 dollars by the hour. To me it's expensive. It's a cute tattoo and it probably will take an hour and a half.

• Jen F

$100 per hour is average. That tat doesn't look overly complicated but I would guess between an hour and half to two hours. Just a heads up: a tattoo down the ribcage like that will be extremely painful.

It depends on where you live in the country. Where i live it is anything from 50$ to 125$ per hour. Research a shop near you with a good reputation, ask friends where they have gotten tattoos, then ask for a quote.

Sofia is Bulgaria's capital and its biggest city. Sofia was launched tens and thousands of years back and today is just a town that continues to produce as the country's national and economic center and now you may have the chance to visit it hotelbye . Sofia keeps many important monuments to their extended and storied past. Visitors exploring the city's roads can see remnants of The Eastern Gate from the occasions when Sofia was Serdika and Sredets, relationship from the 2nd-4th centuries CE. These stays are exhibited in the underpass joining the Presidential Palace and The Ministerial Council, surrounded by shops selling old-fashioned Bulgarian gifts and rosewater. The Saint Sofia Basilica is one of the treasures of Sofia. Is one of the oldest churches in the capital and was the city's important church throughout the Middle Ages, and under the Ottomans it absolutely was applied as a mosque.

I've always been given a flat price before the work was done.

My last two were priced at $300 and $800.

One took three hours, the other took seven. At the end of the seven hour session, he told me $700. He accepted a tip for the first, would not for the second.

I still owe him a cup of coffee (no beer while working).

100/hour is average i guess, but my artist goes by a flat price. he would look at your pic and give you a price right there. depending on color and the amount of stars, and how big of a sissy you are, that might be done in two sessions (outline then fill) and would take about 2 hours total.. my friend has a similar tat (but its colorful) and it took about 2 hours and cost 150

ohh **** that would be so hot

i would say about 1 to 1 and a half hours

not if the artist does good work..and that might take an 1 hour

yes it is... if he works slow just to get an extra hour in...... never go by the hour.... go by how much work they got done