Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTrivia · 1 decade ago

Who holds the World record for the most killed in a school shooting?

I have to research this topic and analyze how society affects teens...blah, blah blah.

since there is a lot of shootings going on around now it is hard to find a straight answer

if you could also please tell me the number of victims dead and injured that would help.

sorry for your losses

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Virginia Tech massacre was a school shooting consisting of two separate attacks approximately two hours apart on April 16, 2007, that took place on the campus of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech) in Blacksburg, Virginia, United States. The perpetrator, Seung-Hui Cho, killed 32 people and wounded many others before committing suicide. The massacre is the deadliest shooting incident by a single gunman in United States history, on or off a school campus.

Cho, a senior English major at Virginia Tech, had been diagnosed with and was treated for a severe anxiety disorder in middle school and continued receiving therapy and special education support until his junior year of high school. While in college in 2005, Cho had been accused of stalking two female students and was declared mentally ill by a Virginia special justice. At least one professor had asked him to seek counseling.

If you include bombing

Beslan, Russia

September 1, 2004

The worst school massacre of all time took place when Cechen rebels took more than 1,100 hostage at School Number 1 in Beslan, an autonomous republic of the Russian Federation. After the third day of a standoff, Russian forces stormed the building; the rebels set off explosives and a gunbattle ensued. 334 hostages were killed, including 186 children.

Bath, Michigan

May 18, 1927

By far the worst school massacre in US history took place in the tiny town of Bath, Michigan in 1927. There, an angry school board member named Andrew Kehoe blew up the town’s school, killing 45 and wounding 58. Most of the victims were kindergarten through sixth grade students. A secondary explosion killed Kehoe and the school Superintendent.

April 16, 2007

Blacksburg, Virginia

A student gunman killed 33 in dorms and a nearby classroom building. He then killed himself.

April 26, 2002

Erfurt Germany

A former student kills 18, including himself at a school in eastern Germany.

March 13, 1996

Dunblane, Scotland

Sixteen children and a teacher are killed by a gunman, who then kills himself.

April 20, 1999

Littleton, Colorado

In what now is known as the Columbine Massacre, 13 are killed and 22 wounded by two gunmen.

August 1, 1966

Austin, Texas

From the observation deck of the University of Texas’ tower, Charles Whitman killed 16 and wounded 31 in a shooting rampage that lasted for 96 minutes.

March 21, 2005

Red Lake, Minnesota

A sixteen year old kills his grandfather and a friend, then heads to school where kills seven others. The massacre ends when he turns the gun on himself.

October 2, 2006

Nickel Mines, Pennsylvania

A gunman shot eleven Amish girls in a one-room schoolhouse, killing six.

January 1, 1989

Stockton, California

Five children are killed and 30 others wounded in a massacre at Cleveland Elementary. As is typical, the gunman also killed himself.

March 24, 1998

Jonesboro, Arkansas

A pair of boys, aged 11 and 13 shoot fifteen. A teacher and four students die.

November 1, 1991

Iowa City, Iowa

A Chinese graduate student, upset at being passed over for academic honors, kills five University of Iowa employees before turning the gun on himself.

April 15, 1995

San Diego, California

A 36-year-old graduate engineering student kills three professors while defending this thesis before a faculty committee

• 1 decade ago

im guessing it was at virginia tech...about 26 people were killed and i think 10-15 injured...idk about the injured ...but they were murdered by this crazy dude who felt that everyone was fake and stuff.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't know but I know I knew this kid on Youtube who killed 7 people and himself at school...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.