how do i convert my chevy 350 tbi to mfi?

2 Answers

  • slp
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You will need a new intake and everything above. new wiring and a new computer.

    The easiest and cheapest way to do this would be to find a suitable donor car that has been wrecked and you can swap the parts you need from that car. if you can do this it will save you a lot of money and time.

    The other way would be to start calling your local salvage yards looking for parts. If you do this with all brand new parts it will cost you a lot of money

  • 1 decade ago

    You have to get an intake with fuel rails, and get a new ECM. You can do this with the aftermarket, or you can try to cobble a system together, and build a controller like the Mega Squirt to run it all.

    Check out Summit for standalone systems, and take a look at some of the other 5.7 engines GM produced for opportunities to score factory fuel injection setups that you might be able to use.

    Both ways aren't exactly cheap, once you factor in all you need to do and/or buy, and it is a bit of work to get everything working happily together.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.