Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Twilight, have you read it before..... (veiw rest of question)?

I actually read the first 3 books this past summer. Then in August i had to wait for breaking dawn. But anyway I read them before hardly anyone else did. And before they became famous. Has anyone else done this also? Also tell me your opinions on all the attion the series is getting now.

Favorite Answer

Omgosh! I totally know what you mean...I read the first three before I even knew about the movie and I went to the midnight release at a local bookstore for Breaking Dawn. I'm starting to actually despise it because I hear about it soo much and because it's such a fad. People are just reading it now because either their friends did or they saw/heard of the movie. It's so disappointing...

I read them all last summer as well, but I am 29 and didn't know about the "Tween/teen" hype surrounding them. It wasn't until afterward that I was bombarded with everything Edward.

As far as the hype goes...I think that anything that reaches a fevered-pitch like this will always experience some sort of backlash. People are tired of hearing about it, and I understand that. But, I LOVE the fact that it has gotten kids to read something other than their computer screens. All in all, anything that gets someone to pick up a book is alright by me.

I read them before Eclipse even came out. I got it for christmas two years ago. I read Twilight in September of 2007 and New Moon in April 2007.

Now, I greatly dislike the books. They were okay, but I don't see them as deserving of all the popularity they've received. They're basically teenage sex books. Sorry if that's a bit harsh, but I have no love for Twilight.

I read them last year in March, so I guess it's before they became too popular. I honestly didn't like the books at all and I can't figure out why I finished them. But I'm really confused as to why it's getting so much attention because I think the the books are rubbish.

yup, but i didnt read twilight until like 2 weeks before the movie came out. then once i saw the movie i finished the rest of the books in about a week.

i absolutely love the series and its attention BUT

i dont like how now that its popular, with that popularity, comes the negatives. a lot of people hate twilight ..and it gets annoying..

but whatever their loss:)

• poop

Before they became popular? Twilight was a bestseller in its first month in 2005. Unfortunately for me, I discovered that trash two years ago.

• i picked them up before they got famous and read them i liked them they were good. its nice to get all that attention but it also brings in the negative attention to. like people bashing the series and all that. not that i care what they think about the series they have the right to their opinion i just don't understand why people resort to calling each other mean names because of their opinions thats not right. it's freedom of speech it's our right to our opinion and mine is the series was good.

• LOVE THEM! And yes, I did read them before they became popular.

Yeah I did that. And it was cool then, but now the series has sorta lost its apeal to me since everyone and their mother likes it now. Haha.

Like it used to be cool that people started to like it, now its just the old.