Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

University of Waterloo vs John Molsen School of Business (Concordia)?

I am currently about to finish my first year at University of Waterloo. I am planning on majoring in Economics as a Bachelor of Arts.

I recently applied to John Molsen School of Business as a Marketing Major under the Bachelor of Commerce degree (transfer student).

This is where the confusion starts- I can't decide where to go next year! here are some details;

-I am more interested in studying marketing than economics.

-Life will be much better in Montreal than Waterloo.

-The workload will be higher in JMSB compared to Waterloo(bad thing)

-I'm not sure which degree holds more value.

-I'm not sure which university has a better ranking for business.

-Studying at JSMB will be cheaper but the program will be longer than in Waterloo.

Any suggestions or advice will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

If marketing is what you've figured you wana do, then by all means go for it. sure an economics degree from uwaterloo will sound snazzy, you should be forewarned that economics at waterloo is a very quantitative program (lots of math), so if you are willing to take on the challenge of econ, go after it with a gusto. however, if marketing is what you are interested in, which by the way, is more important than anything else in the world, i say go for it. you are in college to learn, so dont let any stereotypes or other peoples wellwishing come in between your decision making. rankings are just a barometer to help you make a decision, they dont necessarily have a bearing on how much You will take from the program.

Well I think that would be the match everybody wants to see and could even be the most anticipated match in wrestlemania history. Second I do think the wwe will book this match because it will draw alot of money and the box office draws will be off the record. To answear answear your question about will Cena beating the undertaker be good foe the buisness I dout it because the streak is wrestlemanias largest draw now and the wwe will never have the streak end. I don't think the wwe will ever book the undertaker to lose at wrestlemania because it is a legacy and the wwe will never have the undertaker lose at wrestlemania. Me personally I want to see Cena break the streak and end it because I personally don't think the undertaker deserves it and would like nothing else than for it to end. I don't think that will happen because it will be bad for buisness as the streak makes alot of money even John Cena won't be granted to end the streak because the wwe won't let that happen and they will lose money as the saying goes the money money vince makes the more he pleases the fans. If by somehow the wwe did book John to beat the streak I don't think they would have him t ap out because that would be a slap in the face to Mark calaway and make him look like a ***** and can't wrestle. If the wwe do have the streak end they will do it by Making the undertaker look strong. But me personally I don't mind if John does break the streak.

My suggestion is get your economics degree. It is such a fundamental, basic degree that it will give you huge amounts of flexibility in what you do next. You could exit straight into business, you could do graduate work in economics or a related discipline or you could pursue an MBA.