How did Noah breath at such altitudes when God flooded the Earth as high as Mt Everest and K2?

Update:

And where did all that Volume of water recede to?

It must have been an extra 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 gallons

Update 2:

AEC we already went. It was so cool it actually erased your mind

39 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

For that much rain to fall in 40 days, there would have been no room for air between the drops, so Noah would have drowned before he got to such an altitude.

• Girl6 years agoReport

You should read my answer below, you dont know how high the highest mt. at the time was...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

If you believe in evolution, I think this would be a hard question to answer because you dont really know *exactly* what adaptations the human body would have had back then or if Noah was living near the mountains or if the Bible exaggerates about how high the flood was or if Mt. everest was that tall back then. Most scientists who believe in the Lord and Noah's story think it happened around the end of the last ice age when all the glaciers melted and made the sea level rise, and it may not have been literally 40 days of rain that caused the flooding. The strange thing is that almost every culture around the world has a story about a great flood, so there is a chance it actually could have happened....

PS I know of Noah's story but I dont know exactly what the Bible says about it as I am not a christian, but I think its hard not to believe that a great flood didnt happen long ago no matter what faith you believe.

Use your mind you guys, think! And do not be too literal. Take all the info from all sources and see what they say and then base your decision :)

Source(s): Some of it from Science channel, some from various books ive read over the course of time, some from my own thinking.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

First, much of the waters of the global flood were once locked above the 'heavens':

"God went on to say: 'Let an expanse come to be in between the waters and let a dividing occur between the waters and the waters.' Then God proceeded to make the expanse and to make a division between the waters that should be beneath the expanse and the waters that should be above the expanse. And it came to be so.

And God began to call the expanse Heaven..." ---Genesis 1:6-8

Before the global flood, the earth was a hilly terrain---There were no extremely tall mountains, or, exceedingly deep valleys. After the flood --& due to the added weight of the waters of the heavens, which were dumped upon earth-- the earth's tectonic plates began moving. These formed deep ocean beds along one edge, &, tall mountains along the other, as they 'tilted'. The excess waters gathered in the lowest basins available. Much of it froze into massive glaciers. Entire herds of mastodons were found quick-frozen, with the grass they'd been eating also quick-frozen in their stomachs. (The meat was so fresh that some of it was sold in restaurants: mastadon steaks!) So, Noah & his family weren't as high as the top of Mt. Everest after the flood---It only became that high so that the waters could run off of it.

More important, actually, is the reason behind *why* that ancient world was destroyed... http://watchtower.org/e/20020301/

Source(s): http://www .users.bigpond.com/ rdoolan/floodmount.html ; http://www .users.bigpond.com/ rdoolan/watergo.html (Repair these links by copy-pasting to the URL box, then, delete te 2 spaces in each URL, then hit 'Go')
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

K2? What's K2 got to do, got to do with it? What's K2, but a second hand mountain? Sorry I just had to evoke Tina.

The theory goes that the world was covered with a water Vapor Canopy and that cause everyone to live longer, and caused the climate to be more temperate. It should also cause oxygen levels to be higher at higher altitudes. Keeping with evolutionary theory a Comet hit the earth causing the flood, and drastic changes in the weather along with declining years of humans living (before noah the average life was over 600 years biblically)

That's the theory.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Good question. Psalm 104 may help. It indicates what we already know, that the mountains haven't always been that high, and says that some of that adjustment in the earth's crust apparently happened during the Flood:

" He has founded the earth upon its established places;

It will not be made to totter to time indefinite, or forever.

6 With a watery deep just like a garment you covered it.

The waters were standing above the very mountains.

7 At your rebuke they began to flee;

At the sound of your thunder they were sent running in panic—

8 Mountains proceeded to ascend,

Valley plains proceeded to descend—

To the place that you have founded for them.

9 A boundary you set, beyond which they should not pass,

That they should not again cover the earth. " (Psalm 104:5-9)

Best regards,

Michael

• FUNdie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

1. There was no Mt. Everest before the Flood. All the mountain-building occurred during and after the Flood, due to the pressure of all the water on the Earth's crust causing faults to shift.

2. All the water from the Flood is out in the oceans (oceans also did not exist before the Flood). It is also locked up in glaciers and atmospheric water.

3. If you reversed the effects of the Flood today, by pushing down the mountains, lifting up the ocean basins and melting all the glacial ice, the world would once again be covered in water 2 miles deep everywhere. The water's still out there, people.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because in the Myth of Noah is set at sea level where air pressure is normal. Regardless of how high a mountain once was water displaces the atmosphere as it rises. As for the extra water, I heard god used it for a massive enema and that's where comets come from.

• 1 decade ago

Atmospheric pressure and oxygen concentration are relative to sea level. As the sea rose, so also did the air we breathe. No matter if the Flood waters were as high as Mount Everest.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Read your bible. The earth is flat. There's a firmament up there dividing the water below, from the water above. Disregard anything science tells you about the nature of the planet, and 'outer space.' It's all a bunch of lies. Atmosphere is a lie too. God just raised it with the water, or something.

• MikeM
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Well, I wasn't around back then, so I don't know. Is anything impossible for God?

Anything we come up with now would be a theory that can never be proven or dis-proven.

The best theory I've heard is that mountains change over thousands of years and back then the mountains were a lot shorter.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.