Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

will OBAMA bomb SOMALIA?

i give it 50 / 50 odds myself, what would the targets be??

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You only need to kill the roaches, why bomb the hell out of the kitchen? Somalia is a country with no actual government. There is people who are just trying to survive, and of course, there are those pirates. No, I don't think we will bomb Somalia, unless we classify pirates as terrorists, but we can't. They are not trying to kill us, they want to kidnap for ransom, therefor they are criminals, but not terrorists. I can assume we are free to blow a boat out of the water if we catch them in an attempt. I would like to see that.

I wonder if we still hang pirates?

• 4 years ago

Somalia is a failed state and exceptionally volatile they are ran by technique of warlords and the transitional government isn't interior the capital of Mogadishu, yet quite in Addis Ababa in Ethiopia. this is authentic anarchy in this is totally essence that's occurring there. the U. S. has tried to intrude in the previous interior the early ninety's interior the conflict of Mogadishu in an attempt to convey lower back stability to Somalia against warlord Farah Aidid and his militant protection stress. you have got heard of Black Hawk being shot down by technique of the enemies and resulted in 18 individuals injured and seven left lifeless. to no longer point out that UN militiamen assisting the U. S. additionally suffered losses besides. issues are starting to be worse being that the country in case you are able to call it that's much extra in shambles being that a push for the region hailed as Somaliland is pushing extra for a separatist circulate remote from the anarchy that's larger Somalia. Anarchism is rampant in this section besides and this is purely a close-by in shambles and the pirateering is further residing testomony to this. additionally an attack on Somalia can circulate away an destructive bring about Ethiopia, Djibouti, and Eritrea. they are all sovereign states and this is confusing for a united states to bombard a united states failed state and all, like Somalia in the event that they are bordered by technique of united states states which could see a extra physically powerful inflow of Somali refugees of their international locations or they are able to experience the aftermath of wartime weaponry. the U. S. does not do this thinking in addition they have good family members with all of those international locations.

• 1 decade ago

No. The Somalia government isn't the problem.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mr. Obama isn't a man of war unless it comes down to it. and we have no need to make somalia a parking lot.... yet

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Why, because of the pirates? Not a chance. Besides, it's a Muslim country...no way he would take that action.

• 1 decade ago

What the hell is left there to bomb?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nope...Who would be that target. It has no govenment....so what now?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

not a chance

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If it were to happen, it would be ports.

• jonds
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

no

Source(s): sensible thinking
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.