Where should an elderly couple(in their 50s/60s) go for holiday in Eastern Europe?(e.g. Budapest, Prague, etc)?

I am looking for recommendations for a holiday vacation for an american elderly couple - they are looking for places with a lot of history and tourism activities - with very safe environments and hopefully some English-speaking capability at tourist places of interest. They are interested in the area east of... show more I am looking for recommendations for a holiday vacation for an american elderly couple - they are looking for places with a lot of history and tourism activities - with very safe environments and hopefully some English-speaking capability at tourist places of interest. They are interested in the area east of Switzerland (Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovak Republic, Poland, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, etc, etc). If you had to suggest your top 3-5 cities to visit, which would they be and why?