Who is an icon of femininity? not in a bimbo, girly type of way, but real femininity: strong yet caring.?

Intelligent yet humble, proud yet modest...

Favorite Answer

Jacqueline Kennedy

Mother Therese!

but unfortunately,another bimbo,even a royal bimbo will always steal the spotlight as true icon,because let's face it,

women have only admiration(or weakness) for the dependent woman trying to be "at the same time independent".

Never for the one who really being independent and original,does for others selfishly,like millions of TRUE MOTHERs who don't need to be questioned or prove her femininity but don't get "icon status".

Maybe if Mother Therese would have been blonde and worked more in her clothing,with her budget priorities....

Maybe she was somehow "less feminine",and had taken those values from some masculine ones.

I'm not sure about in the real world but I think that the character of Mrs March or Marmee in Little Women has those qualities. She was strong and caring and helped others through charity. She was also loving, accepting and supportive towards her daughters. She teaches the girls morals and guides them through life.

I love that book so much! I always wanted to be Meg!

xxx

xx

x

How can you ask what the icon of femininity is when YOU are making all the rules that define femininity?

Maybe I don't define femininity as "strong yet caring" and/or "Intelligent yet humble, proud yet modest".

The criteria you listed has nothing to do with femininity. A man can have those qualities and not be feminine at all.

To me.. femininity means being soft, gentle, submissive and sensitive.

Source(s): Mike T has spoken

Mother Teresa.

Florence Nightingale.

Icon of Femininity? -- Goddess Venus.

• Marilyn Monroe and Betty Grable

Look to your mothers, sisters, and coworkers, who are probably juggling household duties and career employment all at once.

I just look at the long line of black women who had to work in the fields with their babies on their backs, nurse some other rich lady's child, then take in laundry for others at home and do her own just to survive. With so many black men absent, in jail, or unable to find work, they held families together long before social security or welfare (as we know it now) existed.

• ?

Easy answer, Sarah Palin, Meryl Streep