JaseyRaeee asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

TAMPON QUESTIONN!! MY FIRST TIME!?

ok so i have had my period for 2 years and i just started using playtex gentle glide....and the question is that i am very new to this so i havent changed it in a school bathroom yet...my schools bathroom is ALWAYS crowded so i was wondering how i can change it without anyone noticing?? cause i no u have to put 1 leg up and everything...is there any tricks????

thankss..best answer 10 points!

Favorite Answer

You could practice changing it by sort of squating over the toilet at home but other than that, there is no other way but to practice a lot at home. I have the same problem at school because my bathrooms are always full but the older I get, the more I realize, that all the other girls in there have experienced the same thing as you. They know what you are going through so there is nothing to be ashamed about. You can not help that it is part of life. Every girl in the bathroom has gone through the same thing at one point in their life or another. You are a woman :) And with being a woman, comes that montly gift that everyone hates but we have to accept it :)

practice at home until your comfortable with your technique, you can do it sitting down but that may take a while to get used to, also no-one should be worried about what your doing in the loo - they would only see you putting your leg up on the seat if they were looking under the door in which case they have much bigger problems to deal with...

Practice taking out and inserting your tampons while sitting on the toilet. Once you get the hang of using tampons, it will be easy to do that and you won't have to worry about people noticing you changing yours.

You could go to the toilet right at the end where no body will be ariund or maybe you could try different ways of putting it in like squatting?

Hope this helped

Liza

I'm assuming your school toilets have doors? Therefore no one will notice. I never put one leg on the toilet- I just stay sitting on the loo to change. there is no need to put legs up on toilet seats.

I change mine all the time in school. I (awkward!) spread my legs apart (like I'm wiping, but farther), If that doesn't work than (I know, my mom told me this) back to Pads!

Source(s): Using them

Just go into a stall. Squatting works best for me in those small stalls.

Go to a bathroom stall and be quick, pretend its just me;) lol

• Shano

You shouldn't use tampons there dangerous they can cause T.S.S which in plain english Toxic Shock Syndrome which can kill you if you don't use your tampons correctly stick to wearing pads they are safe a little bulky but safe.