Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 decade ago

Acne Scarring and Mederma?

I'm a teenager and I have mild acne that I have been treating with salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide for a few years now. I recently had a breakout on the side of my mouth that has left some flat, red-brownish scarring. I've read in several places that if acne is active, you should not scar treat it. Why is this? I have heard that Mederma works for many people in reducing acne scars, but I'm afraid that it will cause a flair up or make my acne worse. Does this commonly happen? What is your advice?

• kelly
    Best Answer

Well,first of all it is important for you to determine your skin type before you start to use Mederma since it will cause an irritation to sensitive skin and make your skin more prone to breakouts.However,if you have normal skin you may proceed to try Mederma.Mederma is very effective on acne scars but still,if you apply it on your acne when it is active,it will cause irritation and cause more breakouts.I've used Mederma before and I've accidentally applied it on my acne and my skin starts to peel so you better apply it just on your scars instead.Plus,do avoid combining Mederma with any topical creams since it will make your skin worse.Plus,avoid scrubbing your face and just use a gentle cleanser before you apply Mederma.Other than that,you'll do just fine.Hope I helped(:

P/s:If you do have normal skin,it's okay for you to use it.I do have sensitive skin so I stopped using it for the time being.Good luck!!

Source(s): Personal experience

Mederma Scar Cream Review

1

Source(s): Holistic Acne Treatment Guide : http://AcneCure.zourg.com/?eGD
  • Alison

Dry and/or greasy skin due to poor oil composition of the skin. Thick greasy oils clog pores, lack of oil leads to dryness and irritation. You need thin oils to moisturize while dissolving and clearing gunk in your poors. Try fish oil or seafood. 2 tsp fish oil a day or 4 servings of seafood a week. Stick it out for at least 2 months; it will take a long time to replace all your oil. Any effect after 1-2 days is temporary or random; so even if it makes you break out a little at first, you haven't given it a full try yet.

In the short term you can wash and moisturize well, but that will only go so far. Plus excessive washing can be drying and excessive moisturizing can be clogging. Use a small amount of a light moisturizer, made with oil not jelly or grease. Often that means soybean oil or mineral oil. Mineral oil means mined from the ground. So soybean oil is usually better, though mineral oil won't cause too much harm. Clean with soap and water, not a harsh acne cleanser. Even then they only work so well. So you really need the seafood.

Antibiotics aren't really good for bacteria long term, they'll come back in force after. Short term they may help. After you get off them find some kefir with acidophilus listed first or 2nd to replace the friendly bacteria they destroyed. Studies show less illness when you have these bacteria, even outside the stomach in places such as the lungs and elsewhere. You want friendly bacteria to fill the void when the antibiotics stop, not harmful ones.

In the short term you might also try 100,000+ iu retinol vitamin A (a megadose, and too much for normal use) or one of the acne drugs that is similar to retinol vitamin A. It's some minor harm to your organs, but it helps against bacteria on your skin. At least it doesn't have the other long term drawbacks to your skin that antibiotics and many scrubs do.

If you would like to learn how to treat your acne permanently and regain your health and wellbeing, without drugs, without typical acne treatments, and without any side effects, then this will be the most important letter you will ever read.

Weird Trick Forces Your Body

To Eliminate Your Acne

Giving You Beautiful Clear Skin

In 30-60 Days?

Make sure your sound is turned on!

For acne mederma you need to see this guide https://tr.im/skincare822 There are many solutions out there but most are just hyped up marketing schemes. There are simple solutions that worked in the past and still work without using chemical based solutions. I'd go as far as saying we use to many chemicals on our skin and body. The trick is to strip them away and perform basic techniques once or twice a week.

To answer your question about blackheads and skin in general. Some people have oily skin and others have dry skin. Its just a matter of doing the right thing for your skin type. A little research will help figure out what each skin type likes and doesnt like. Its not a single solution for everyone.

I think you are talking about Melderma? or it could be Mederma..anyway, It is a very concentrated vitamin E cream that should give you some results in 28 days. It is perfectly fine to use, but getting scar treatment at a clinic might not be fine. You would have to ask them if you are thinking about it. Bio Oil is also good, it has calandula in it and other actives that help improve scars. I would maybe see your GP about other great options you could try for your acne if the benzoyl and salicylic acid is not working, and particularly because benzoyl is not good long term, because of its bleaching and drying effects.

I dealt with acne- oh-so-annoying!

First off, you need to make sure you're moisturizing your skin. Otherwise, your skin will be damaged.

Second, I tried salicylic acid/benzoyl peroxide for a while... and it wasn't working too well for me; I found out there was alchohol in one of the products I was using. Anyways, I switched to a perscription-only form of Retin-A, (I believe it's called "Differin", but it has the same effect) and it's been helping my skin so much ore than salicylic and peroxide did. Obviously, if what you're doing now works for you, don't switch- I'm just offering advice should you feel as though your skin isn't doing any better.

I honestly do not know about your acne scarring; unless, of course, you're picking at the acne. If you're really worried, I would consult a dermatologist.

Source(s): Personal experience ;)

How do you flatten or fade really ugly and raised scars, doesn't matter for how long you've got them?

5 really simple techniques which can help you break up your scar tissue very quickly and really improve your skin elasticity - (see the link below)

Discover this simple, yet effective system that is Guaranteed to get rid of your scars.

There aren't any costly scar creams, no scary surgeries, and no visits to the doctor required. Mederma doesn't work to reduce your scars, it can actually make things worse.

Source(s): http://goo.gl/lPJRTo - a recommended acne scarring resource

I think a great alternative to Mederma is Vitamin E Oil... Oil? Yeah Oil. Why? It's natural and it helps soften the skin making the scar appear less noticeable.

I have an experience I’d like to share that will hopefully help others in a similar position as myself.As someone who’s suffered from acne problems, I’m always on the lookout for new products to help tame breakouts.I have suffered from acne for at least 17 years and was on more medications and creams that I can remember. I have stumbled across the information on this site ( http://bit.ly/Remove-Acne-Fast ) when I started to feel like I was losing it for good. I decided it was time to take action and I did. It has helped me tremendously. After less than a month of following the advice on that site most of my acne was gone.