Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Pre-Med student, dropping microbiology? (Affect me non-financially?, show on transcrip?) 1 month before finals?

Hey guys, IM a premed student. Im currently taking Chem 2,Anatomy 2, Micro, + religious Honors class. 19 credits total. + volunteering at a hospital.

I want to know if i can drop Microbiology, because im planning to take genetics instead next year. The teacher isn't too great and gives tests made by the other micro teacher, which has 40% of the material on it she actually taught us.

I dont want to risk doing bad, I just want to know if i withdrawled / dropped it. Would that show on transcript for med school? my grades are A's and less B+'s. Please tell me , because im stressed enough.

Would it appear anywhere? that i dropped micro? =**(

-Christiana

Thank u so much for reading this guys

Happy Easter

Favorite Answer

If you dropped your Microbiology class before the drop deadline your college has set then it wouldn't appear in your transcript and the med school would not be able to see it. However if you drop Microbiology after the deadline it will show as a W (for withdrawn) which is a barely better than failing the class. You should talk to your school counselor to make sure first before you drop it.

• ?

Salam :) i'm a Muslim teen residing in Canada. I placed on hijab alhamdullilah and it rather is for the main area ordinary right here on the grounds that i stay in a brilliant city with a sizable Muslim inhabitants. I do get the few ignorant comments and idiots in college however who ask stuff like "yo have been given a bomb under there hahaha". however the toughest area is being distinctive out of your buddies. Being a Muslim, events, alcohol dating boys donning revealing clothing etc is haram, and whilst i do no longer prefer to try this besides, it rather is a splash awkward to would desire to describe why i do no longer do it to those who evaluate it basically a ingredient of being an adolescent and its undemanding to them. Muslims residing in Muslim worldwide places easily have it much less confusing while it includes installation in. And with nutrition it rather is a splash complicated yet I consistently attempt to study the label if i'm unsure of the factors. yet i does no longer wanna be the different faith no remember how confusing it gets and how distinctive i've got faith from each and every person else, i'm happy to be Muslim :)