Ramadan: Should I wear a jilbab?

I think that's what it's called, or I think some call it an abaya.... I go to an Islamic school so I wear one five days a week, but I don't wear it out of choice. Recently, I think I've begun to understand Islam more, and I really want to become a better Muslim, Alhamdulillah :) So, I'm... show more I think that's what it's called, or I think some call it an abaya....

I go to an Islamic school so I wear one five days a week, but I don't wear it out of choice.
Recently, I think I've begun to understand Islam more, and I really want to become a better Muslim, Alhamdulillah :)

So, I'm one of those people who really care about what they wear, I used to wear skinny jeans and I know it's not good, but I did, I found that I felt sort of exposed in them, so I wear them much less and I no longer wear 3/4 sleeves and I also wear looser and longer tops, Alhamdulillah.

Yet, I don't feel like this is enough, I still get stupid guys in my Saturday class looking at me, and I feel really embarrassed and uncomfortable when they do.

I'm just worried what people will say, because my mum doesn't wear it and neither do a lot of my family, but I really want to....

When I told my parents, they thought I was going to change my mind in a few days so they didn't really take me seriously, now that they know I'm not joking, they completely support me, and I think they actually want me to wear it, my best friend on the other hand, who knows me better than anyone, was really shocked, but she said it's a good idea....after university. I'm only in school at the moment.

So, is it Fardh to wear it and if so, do you [girls] wear one yourself?

For those who don't know what a Jilbab is, it's something like this:

https://www.myhijabshop.com/images/Abaya...

If I do decide to tart wearing a jilbab, I think I'll wear it official in the cinema, which is going to be soooo freaky, but my friend keep telling me I won't be alone, so, yeah, Insha'Allah :)
Update: hmm, I think the pic might only work for the UK, maybe, I'm not sure.... :\ Sorry..
Update 2: @tomknight-what on earth are you saying?
Update 3: @33 lashes- I don't feel oppressed at all.....
Update 4: Allah's slave: yup sis, that's the one :)
Update 5: LOL, light or dark blue?
Update 6: OK, dark, I'll buy one ASAP, Insha'Allah :)