Who is the most responsible for a positive outcome in the Pirates hijacking the Maersk Alabama?

a. The US Navy?

b. The US President?

c. The ship's crew and captain who were able to take the ship back with only one hostage and potential fatality before the military could even be involved?

I am an Obama supporter and my late boyfriend has been a Navy SEAL so I should be biased there and all around the government and military did a good job but the real credit should go to the ships crew and captain who probably figured he would end up dead when he surrendered himself to ensure the safety of his crew and ship.

Best Answer

It was a combined effort. The crew did their job to ensure the entire ship wasn't taken hostage. The president called the right shot at the right moment. The Navy took the shot and killed all 3 pirates.

• rwb13

most responsible is a difficult question to answer. the captain and crew certainly deserve a lot of credit for their handling of the initial confrontation. the captain also is to be highly commended for giving himself over to the pirates and saving his crew. however, at that point the crew is out of the scenario. in the final analysis the navy and the seals sniper's deserve the most credit for the final positive outcome.

All credit goes to the Capital of the USS Bainbridge and the SEAL Team. They were there, they made the call.

Every President gives a standing order allowing the on scene commander to use judgment and defend his command, troops, Americans, and non-combatants.

I've not seen Obama taking credit for this action. All I've seen is the liberal media giving Obama credit. How many of those news anchors have served? I bet none!

• Saaski

Captain Philips for his bravery in the first place, offering himself up in place of his crew. Then the Navy, for its rescue, and yes thank you to Obama for not trying to hamper the Navy as Clinton did the military in Mogadishu. That is the order in which I see it.

Not an Obama fan, but will give credit for things he does right.

It starts and ends with the President, no matter which way it goes, but there was no one person whom you could say was most responsible. If I did pick one I would pick the three SEALs who took the incredible shots. I may be an evil lib, but I grew up around guns and have been shooting my entire life. Those SEALs were good!

The healthful is one thank you to convey concentration on an ongoing subject. The piracy is one "severe profile" (and at present newsworthy factor) of a complicated sequence of issues interior the area and that united states specially. i could ask, "How could any group individuals of any ships interior the area no longer understand of the possibility of piracy?" the monetary impact on the deliver vendors could deliver a message to all companies doing business enterprise in that section. the companies will "stimulate" Governments to "cope with it". Pragmatically, a "rapid-strike activity-stress" of naval with air help or gotten smaller escorts and "status" guards could make the pirates reassess their approaches. dealing with loss of existence has that result. Oh, however the rate! This short-term answer could paintings until the pirates get education and substances to advance their own rapid-strike ideas and approaches. Then From readings with reference to the area, and talking with persons who've been there, i've got self belief the answer(s) are complicated, costly, some distance off, and available at last. the genuine strategies require, re-agency solid of political, monetary and social structures interior the state and area. Oh, however the rate!

Obama gave them the go ahead and then the U.S. Navy executed the rescue professionally. YEAH FOR THE GOOD GUYS

All of the above. Take one out and the rescue could not have happened.

there are 2 answers

C. the ships crew and captain

then followed by

A. the Navy finally using force

C was most important.

B and A get equal credit.