Da S asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

How long does a retired Military person recieve retirement pay? Where can I find writen proof?

I was asked By a Mortgage company to prove that in 3 years from know I would continue to receive a military retirement check. I know its written some place but on mil.com va.gov etc. I can't find the answer.

Just a quick note mortgage company is WellsFargo and I have given them 2 copies of my 1099 and 2 DFAS-CL 7220/148 Retiree account statements (annual new pay statements)

Favorite Answer

Only an idiot would ask you that question. I've bought and sold many houses. All I need is my 1099-R for the most recent tax year to show my military retirement income. They know it's for life.

Find a new mortgage company.

• busakuntry6 years agoReport

OMG, the same thing has happened to me and from the same company

• Lynn

I don't think there are very many like Brett Farve that are close to retirement... There are no players that people look up to like that except the Bradys, Mannings... And those guys are no where near retirement... Most will want to see the Pats and Colts go at it once before the aging teams start to fall off. Some will want to see LT before his career touches start to catch up with him. I have to say I want to see the brute defensive force of the Ravens take on the Colts or Pats (great game last year), but, to feel the energy in the stadium itself... Totally different.

Don't know what idiot you were talking to at Wells Fargo, I am a military retiree and I have a mortgage with Wells Fargo. I am presuming you getting a VA loan. Ask to speak to person's supervisor who is requesting proof that military retirement is forever.

Source(s): Army retiree and former finance company manager
    • busakuntry6 years agoReport

I'm going to take your advice, I keep getting this question from them as I attempt to buy my house using VA

A Military Retiree will receive retirement pay until he or she dies and then the pay will end. Google US Military Retired Pay and that might help you. You DO NOT have to prove anything to a Mortgage Company.

Sounds like you have an Anti Military type

doing your Mortgage papers...

Nobody asks such stupid questions...

Lets see they have to be 18-21 years old

reading from a script...

Call their Boss...

Then your Congressmen

Source(s): Retired Marine...

Looks like your mortgage company may be asking for VA Form 26-1880 - Certificate of Eligibility for VA Home Loan Benefits.

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-26-1880-ARE.p...

For additional assistance go to http://www.homeloans.va.gov/eligibility.htm

• Dan B

For the rest of their life. They have the option of taking a smaller pension that will provide their spouse a lifetime pension provided they don't remarry.

By definition, a pension is a lifetime payment for your services. What makes them think that in three years your pension will stop? I never had to prove that my retirement would continue for my lifetime; I just had to prove my income and ability to pay the mortgage.

Find another mortgage company.

I am a retiree.

I have nothing in writing that proves my paycheck will continue for life though.

YOU need to deal with a legitimate Mortgage Company.

YOU should be asking this question thru the VA!

It depends..