promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

if a man&a woman have sex&a condom is the only contraceptive used,how likely is it that she will get pregnant?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

the typical user fail rate is 15%, but if its used perfectly then your chances of getting pregnant is 2%

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The percentage I usually hear is 80-85% effectiveness for condoms. That said, most of the remaining 15-20% is people using the condom incorrectly.

What I learned from sex ed about using a condom correctly:

1. Make sure there is a little extra room in the tip when the guy puts it on, in order to catch the semen when he ejaculates. Otherwise there's a higher risk of it breaking.

2. make sure that the condom is not inside out when you put it on. The way my sex-ed teacher described this is "Sombrero, not mushroom"

Basically, balance the center of the condom on your finger. If the tip points up and it looks like a little sombrero, it's right-side out. If it looks like a little mushroom cap, it's inside-out

However, bear in mind I've never had sex and so cannot speak from direct experience. If you're worried about it, then talk to your doctor and/or try to get a backup method of contraception

Source(s): sex-ed class
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If the condom is used properly and doesn't break or anything, it's pretty much 100% likely she won't get pregnant. But that's only if nothing goes wrong.

• 1 decade ago

Condoms when used correctly are 97% effective which decreases when you add things like alcohol.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

iTS A 50/50 CHANCE....i KN0W M0ST PE0PLE THAT USE C0ND0MS...SUM H0W END UP TEARiNG THEM UP...

WHEN WH0M EVER iS HAViNG SEX....TELL THEM T0 MAKE SURE THAT THE C0ND0MS ARE FRESH...[MEANiNG]THAT THEY HAVENT HAD THEM iN THER P0CKET F0R A YEAR 0R THERE WALLET...LMA0...WHEN WH0M EVER DECiDES T0 HAVE SEX AGAiN....MAKE SURE THEY G0 T0 THE ST0RE AND GET S0ME FRESH 0NES...

• 1 decade ago

97%

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.