rendition not a Scrabble word?

I was playing Scrabble at pogo and tried to use the word 'rendition'

It was not allowed. I looked up the word in the dictionary and found that it is indeed a word and I did spell it correctly.

I then went to Scrabble.com and typed the word 'rendition' in the word finder and lo and behold! "no results found for 'rendition'

Are the online Scrabble games and the dictionary at Scrabble.com limited or not updated for some reason or does the dictionary lie- what is the deal with the word 'rendition' ???

I guess I can understand if the Pogo doesn't allow 9 letter words- I don't agree but whatever their reasons , it is their site.

I am mostly wondering why the official Scrabble website: www.Scrabble.com

does not include the word 'rendition' in their online dictionary - is there a limit to the length of words given in the online dictionary?? a ploy to make you purchase the complete dictionary from them??

Here is the message I got :

"Could not find any results for rendition."

• Kris C
    Favorite Answer

This particular site has a dictionary has no words with 9 or more letters. It is a drawback of the game. Either put up with it or (and this is my suggestion) find somewhere else to play.

A major problem with pogo.com is that they don't let you play ANY nine-letter words. I have had this problem repeatedly, for example, trying to put an S on a legitimate 8-letter word. It's a primary reason I no longer play Scrabble on pogo.

Edit: Yes, Scrabble.com doesn't have the full official list either. I recommend downloading the (free!) program Zyzzyva from zyzzyva.net. It has a word judge program that includes all legal Scrabble words up to 15 letters long. It only has definitions for 2-8 letter words, but at least you can be 100% sure a word is good.

They brought only limited English words in their dictionary. Play Scrabble on Nintendo DS instead.

Should be absolutely playable. Their dictionary must be weeak. Drop 'em a line!

They forgot a word.

I believe it was a mistake on their part. You should probably contact them, by saying which word(s) must be added.