Help me understand this book.?

You know the book 100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson? Well, I just finished it, and I don't get it, I liked it but I didn't get it. It was a bit confusing, even the epilogue. Like what happened to Henry's parents? Did they ever find them? And who was that witch lady, and why did she want Henry so bad? I need help. I know, I know, I am a idiot. But hey, cut me some slack.

Favorite Answer

After his parents are taken hostage in Columbia, reserved and over-protected Henry York moves to Kansas to stay with his Aunt Dorothy and Uncle Frank. His first night there he sees a little man in his deceased grandfather’s bedroom, a room that had previously remained locked and impenetrable since his passing. The strangeness continues when Henry uncovers mysterious knobs and cupboards behind the plaster in the wall of his attic bedroom. He discovers these little doors serve as portals to other worlds and times, and when opened allow both him and others from these places (desirables and undesirables) to travel to and fro.

I'm not sure if I helped... Also I've posted some of my stories here http://conquer-the-night.deviantart.com/