A Satriani/Eric Johnson question.?

What effects and stomp boxes are used in "Always with me/you" and "Cliffs of Dover"? What are some low priced effects and boxes that would get similar sound,tone in these songs?

Also what are some decent exercises to increase playing speed?

Hey motherf*cker you leave my mom out of your bullsh*t punk!! Watch it or I will track your little teenage punk @ss down and take you out you wet behind the ears punk! Mama jokes is that the best you got b*tch!! You must be some little teenage high school punk! Messing with the wrong man punk!!

It sure is easy to run your mouth on a computer when you're a thousand miles away. If you don't have anything constructive and helpful to say then don't waste my time punk. If you're only going to be childish and stupid then keep your childish bullsh*t to yourself and go back to junior high were you belong punk!!

1st dude I was going to get back but that b*tch boy got my blood boiling. My mom just had surgery for cancer and I see his junior high bullsh*t. I'd like to break my foot off in his little punk @ss! Do me a favor and report his @ss so his answer will be removed. Thanks I will just mess with my Zoom 505 and see what sounds I can come up with.

Best Answer

I don't know about satriani's song but in cliffs of dover Eric johnson uses a Tube screamer with some reverb and delay through a plexi amp. I used to have something describing exactly what you need for that but I can't find it now, just look for it on google. The cheapest way to get these is to pirate Guitar Rig for your computer cuz thats free but beyond that I dont know.

The best way that I have found to increase playing speed personally was to learn to play flight of the bumblbee. It sounds daunting but it is perfect for learning to play songs like cliffs ov dover because it's really a very simple song but VERY fast. after you learn that, you can learn anything.