Enlisting in US Navy, have braces, will need retainer for the rest of my life?

I'm planning on enlisting in the US Navy and I have braces which I get off in 5 weeks YAY! anyways I have to wear a 6 month full time retainer and then have to have a retainer at night for the rest of my life. I am wondering how I would go about this? Would I just have an orthodontist place a permanent retainer? What should I do? I really don't want to have my teeth to go back into their original nasty positions!

Favorite Answer

I had a permanent retainer on my bottom teeth and they didn't say anything. I'm retired and I still have it. They might frown on anything not permanent.

Yeah i've got heard of that lots. I even have braces for like 7 months now & as quickly as I have been given them they instructed me that i could could desire to First could desire to placed on a retainer 24/7 for a million or 2 years i think of. Then I could desire to placed on the retainer basically at evening for something of my existence or elsee they we being to get crooked & get decrease to rubble back! that's stupid. wish this helped youu! :)

You will have to remove your braces and you can have a retainer in boot camp, no big deal,

I would talk to you recruiter and don't let them bs you. you could email the Navy website or go on the Forum.