Enlisting in US Navy, have braces, will need retainer for the rest of my life?

I'm planning on enlisting in the US Navy and I have braces which I get off in 5 weeks YAY! anyways I have to wear a 6 month full time retainer and then have to have a retainer at night for the rest of my life. I am wondering how I would go about this? Would I just have an orthodontist place a permanent retainer? What should I do? I really don't want to have my teeth to go back into their original nasty positions!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I had a permanent retainer on my bottom teeth and they didn't say anything. I'm retired and I still have it. They might frown on anything not permanent.

• 3 years ago

Yeah i've got heard of that lots. I even have braces for like 7 months now & as quickly as I have been given them they instructed me that i could could desire to First could desire to placed on a retainer 24/7 for a million or 2 years i think of. Then I could desire to placed on the retainer basically at evening for something of my existence or elsee they we being to get crooked & get decrease to rubble back! that's stupid. wish this helped youu! :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You will have to remove your braces and you can have a retainer in boot camp, no big deal,

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would talk to you recruiter and don't let them bs you. you could email the Navy website or go on the Forum.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.