Feelings on ASSISTED SUICIDE?

I am doing a survey.

PLEASE WRITE AGREE OR DISAGREE

BEFORE EXPLAINING YOUR OPINION.

I want to clearly know how you stand before reading what you feel.

NOTE:

if defining pain as a reason for argument, please state what you consider as definitive pain. What type of pain is worthy or unworth of this death tactic?

Favorite Answer

Assisted suicide is a term of semantics. The act of assisting one in their own death irregardless of sympathies or romance is the act of killing.

That being said I also understand the assumed right of an individual to choose life over death for themselves and soliciting assistance in cases they can not perform the necessary action to bring about their own death.

It is in fact as a matter of law not a right. By soliciting someone to assist with suicide, actually means in plain language asking someone to kill you, and that person agreeing to comply with your request, and killing you.

It is not victimless as the assistant in this case is guilty of murder, accepting in certain areas and certain acts. Again semantically we use the word euthanasia to allow for this act to occur in these certain areas and covering these certain acts.

As of 2009, some forms of euthanasia are legal in Belgium,[1] Luxembourg,[2] The Netherlands,[1] Switzerland,[1] the U.S. states of Oregon[3] and Washington[4] the Autonomous Community of Andalusia (Spain),[5][6] and Thailand.[7]

Agree. When there's no hope of recovery and the pain is extreme and unceasing, when the activities of life are no longer possible and death is the only expected outcome, why not give the person the means to take their life if they so choose? Their future is between them and the God who knows them much better than any of us who stand in earthly judgment of them.

i think that if the person is absofreakinglutly 100% GOING TO DIE! anyway. like, 0% chance of survival, then that is the only way its fine.

anywhere else in this age is such a grey area

• I oppose assisted suicide. Just as I oppose abortion, ritual murder, and any other forms of killing of human beings. Thou shall not kill.

DISAGREE

Number one, you're killing someone. Even if they want to die, it does not give you the right to take their life from them. It's cruel.

• me

agree.

its my life and if i want to have help ending it its my decision, and with my consent, the "assistant" is protected from any crime.

its a victimless crime.