Consuela asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Feelings on ASSISTED SUICIDE?

I am doing a survey.

PLEASE WRITE AGREE OR DISAGREE

BEFORE EXPLAINING YOUR OPINION.

I want to clearly know how you stand before reading what you feel.

NOTE:

if defining pain as a reason for argument, please state what you consider as definitive pain. What type of pain is worthy or unworth of this death tactic?

Best Answer

Assisted suicide = murder

You can mix words around all you want, but that's what it is. However, I have a pact with several of my co-workers that if any of us are in specific conditions we will kill each other out of our mutual love.

I prefer the term "mercy killing"

Source(s): Paramedic
  • tiggy

I do not agree. I admit terrible unbearable pain at the end of ones life has to be considered, Doctors believe in dealing with and relieving pain and many doctors will put the patient in a coma if they are near the end. Doctors take an oath to do no harm so suicide would be against their oath, but relieving pain is as important to them as it is to the patient,

I think someone should write a book and that's it.

People can read, if they lack the imagination to kill themselves.

What is it really, that people are asking?

Is it ok to kill someone who wants to die.. well is that what most people think or want?

Or is it, most people want what ever is "troubling" them to end..?

Do you think a teenager should have the right to assisted suicide because their hormones are out of control with unexplained emotions..?

This is my only argument against it, because IT WILL COME TO THIS.

I don't think there should be loopholes, and if you make it legal, some two bit lawyer is gonna argue for teenage angst.

And that's just not right.

I don't see anything wrong with it especially fi a person is in the vegatable state. Is there a point to just leaving someone as a piece of skin, and is depressed? Their only action in tehir lives is to be fed through a tubing??

If they want to go, we should let them when they are in that type of state

I have a question - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AtWAr...

No, I am not big on it. It's just an easy way out for doctors to get themselves out of treating patients they don't know what to do with.