I need to explain the "chemical reaction" between sodium acetate and h20 to create "hot ice"?

My daughter has a science fair project and we have chosen "hot ice"...which is caused through a chemical reaction when water, sodium acetate, the boiling process, and then a "cool down" forms an awesome crystalization that appears to look like ice but puts a warm feel off. I need to know what... show more My daughter has a science fair project and we have chosen "hot ice"...which is caused through a chemical reaction when water, sodium acetate, the boiling process, and then a "cool down" forms an awesome crystalization that appears to look like ice but puts a warm feel off. I need to know what the term is for the reaction and what causes it and I am haveing a hard time finding anything that will explain that side of it rather than just explaining how to go through the steps to make it happen... can someone help?