Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

What brand of mac and cheese is the best?

I am running to the store and I am going to get some mac and cheese for Thursday's dinner? I am terrified of what brand to buy? Which was is the thickest, and least oily?? THIS IS NOT A STUPID QUESTION!!!!! NO RUDE ANSWERS PLEASE!!!

Favorite Answer

Velveeta shells & cheese.=)

To me, Velveeta is the best, but don't get that premade one, it's not as good as homemade.

To make it, boil your favorite kind of noodles, drain it, chop up Velveeta cheese into small squares (preferably before you boil, just stick them in the fridge until you need them). Once they are drained, have the stove turned off so you don't burn the noodles. Put the noodles in the pot again, hurry and put the cheese in and some milk. Depending on how creamy you want it, just add a little or a lot, no need to measure. Stir until all the cheese is melted and serve!

I'm actually having a bowl of it right now....i could have put a little more cheese in it though, oh well! XD

• Gloria

I love cooking mac n cheese from the box. Here are some ways I like to prepare it (each line is a different way). I almost always add extra cheddar cheese and/or american cheese slices to each way depending on what I have available. -Use sour cream instead of milk -Add mustard (about 2 tablespoons) -Add grated Parmesan -Add the seasoning packet from a ramen noodle package -Add Italian seasoning -Add some chili powder and a little black pepper -Add petite diced tomatoes or Ro-tell -Add garlic, onion powder and dill

Kraft

Kraft

Kraft dinner! go with kraft, its like the official mac and cheese brand! loll

Kraft they have the best cheese

Source(s): Avid eater of mac n cheese

I have a lactose allergy...so I Love Amy's Soy Mac n Cheese!

I would say Kraft

They all taste the same to me, except for the generic brands like Great Value from Wal-Mart.