what is civil service? what are some examples of US civil service jobs?

Favorite Answer

US Border Patrol. Social Security workers, Internal Revenue Service employees. If you are interested in working for federal civil service go to USA jobs

Nearly any type of job for any government organization, be it federal, state, or local, that is considered a "permanent" position (not an intern or temp job) with benefits and may or may not require the employee to belong to a government employee union is a civil service job.

Civil service is an eligibility exams that someone must take & pass to be able to get employment in any government agencies. It's the way it is in my country but I am pretty much sure it's just almost the same in your country

I have worked for the federal government before and civil servie exams are ancient history. You are hired based on your application.