What is the difference between porcelain skin and pasty skin?

I have very light skin and my friend said that I look good with it because my skin is porcelain, but she just looks pasty and pale. I thought that light skin was porcelain skin...I didn't think there is a difference between the two. Is there?

Favorite Answer

pasty skin is like, well it kind of looks like paper. Its very dull and stuff just by the color. Porcelain skin on the other hand is fair skinned and tends to look softer.

pasty is like edward cullen, where as porcelain is more nicole kidman, kate blanchett (spell check), and if you're in asia, the korean actors have such snow white skin but don't look like their in a french renaissance play.

pasty also means that the skin tone isn't all too evened out. going back to ms kidman or kate blanchett, their skin tone is evened out though they are almost like edward cullen's aunts.

on youtube try looking at these tutorial, at least the first minute or so to give you a further example of what i mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo4Ws6bQO8g

Youtube thumbnail

hope this helps =)

Pasty is just a word people use when they want to be mean. Respectable people use the word Porcelain. I think these people dont know what their talking about.

I've always thought of porcelain to be completely white even skin tone, little blemishes. (Think Asian maybe but not all Asians fall into that.) Pale is just really white, perhaps a little less even skin tone.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/jsHcF

Nothing. It's 2 ways to say the same thing.

pasty is dull and looks like paper & porcelin is pale and a soft smooth color (: