My husband bought a PINK toilet and sink. What color should I paint the half bathroom? I HATE the pink.?

Well, first of all, shame on your husband for buying something so important as bathroom fixtures without your imput as to the color. You both have to use that room, I'm assuming? A good color to choose for paint to downplay the pink would be a medium gray and then you can either add burgundy or ivory color accents to the room by getting a toilet cover set, rug and a sink skirt to wrap around the sink so you see less of the pink. Then add some gray, burgundy or ivory accent colors by getting some bath/hand towels, shower curtain, soap dish, etc. to the room in any of those colors. All this will help make the pink less noticeable.

• Misty

I also have a pink bathroom - the tiles anyway. The previous owner had painted the walls a yucky dark brown and the back ground of the cabinets a dull mocha and left the cabinet doors white.

I plan to paint the walls either a pale pink, maybe pearlized, or a pale green.

I also had thought about painting the walls a pale yellow and using

yellow, hot pink and plum for accents.

If you found some accessories you liked and that went with the pink of the sink and toilet, it might help you decide.

oh my god my uncle did this in the late 70 when...pink was not so hot....but he did the walls and flooring in brown tones..like we use today..it really looked good ..now the thing is...he did not focus on the pink...and it was more of the other contrasting colors that made the bathroom look totally great...now to pull the room together ...find something pink that match...like a victoria secrets perfume box..(which is a pretty pink) and set it on the counter...or an accent scarf for the window...it just needs to be something small...another color that works well is plant green...try to pull in some plants hanging or...silk in a corner.....check BEHR paint color coordinating on line

• ARTmom

I think my first question would be "Can you return it?" If not, think about tans and whites and accents of Chocolate brown. Sounds funny but go online and get ideas from bedding ensembles and such-I think Target and Walmart both have that combo. HGTV.com has a great referance library of photos too-as I said-check the bedroom pics too-the combo of colors is what you are looking for. If you like cottage style-you could go with white "furniture" and soft greens-a shabby chic spring look

• jidwg

For a 50s retro look, think about a soft pearl gray with charcoal gray trim and hot pink towels.

• smokey

paint the walls pea green.

get a new toilet seat!