Can the State of Maryland legally do this?

'ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP)—The Maryland Senate has approved emergency legislation to give the state eminent domain authority to keep the Preakness Stakes in Maryland, in hopes the measure will strengthen the state’s hand to avoid losing the race through a federal bankruptcy case.' Would the courts let this stand?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Legally, no. But the problem with that is we've taken multiple steps towards fascism over the last 12 months. So it will probably be allowed to stand.

• 1 decade ago

Considering the long history of the Preakness,and the states' existing ownership of the name,it will most likely stand

• herd
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

im no lawyer and that i dont understand the respond on your question yet i will say this, they greater perfect no longer flow the Preakness Stakes out of Maryland. ive on no account been to a Preakness Stakes and ive heard that its one hell of a robust time. from a convention point of view i for my area wish that the three triple crown races on no account replace. whether its area, distance, horses allowed to go into, floor (a guy made triple crown could sicken me previous comprehension) or regardless of. custom is what makes horse racing so great.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.