ASTRONOMY HOMEWORK HELP!!!?

OK I NEED HELP WITH MY HOMEWORK. I HAVE TRIED 3 DIFFERENT WAYS AND THIS IS MY LAST ATTEMPT AND THIS IS THE MESSAGE IT TELL ME WHEN I GET IT WRONG: Recall that, according to Hubble’s law, all galaxies outside the Local Group should be moving away from us. However, you have placed a statement that directly supports... show more OK I NEED HELP WITH MY HOMEWORK. I HAVE TRIED 3 DIFFERENT WAYS AND THIS IS MY LAST ATTEMPT AND THIS IS THE MESSAGE IT TELL ME WHEN I GET IT WRONG: Recall that, according to Hubble’s law, all galaxies outside the Local Group should be moving away from us. However, you have placed a statement that directly supports this idea into the "Contradicts the expanding universe” bin. You can find this statement by thinking about how we conclude that a galaxy is moving away from us.

*I NEED TO PUT THE FACTS WITH THE SECTIONS.

SECTIONS:
1. SUPPORTS THE EXPANDING UNIVERSE
2. CONTRADICTS THE EXPANDING UNIVERSE
3. NEITHER SUPPORTS NOR CONTRADICTS

FACTS:
a. all galaxies in the Coma cluster of galaxies have redshifted spectra.
b. the measured rate of expansion is the same in all directions.
c. the Andromeda Galaxy, a member of our Local Group, is moving toward us.
d. galaxies 200 million light years away move away from us twice as galaxies 100 million light years away.
e. galaxy speeds are faster in summer than in winter.
f. irregular galaxies outside the Local Group are moving toward us.
g. spiral galaxies move away from us 10% faster than elliptical galaxies at the same distances.

PLEASE HELP ME OR DIRECT ME BECAUSE I READ AND I GET EVEN MORE CONFUSED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.
Update: ok so in section 1: i believe fact c. because its part of our local group which could be moving toward us. if its outside our local group it moves away. face a. because i believe the coma cluster is part of our local group. section 3: facts b, e, & f. f because a galaxy outside our local group can't move... show more ok so in
section 1: i believe fact c. because its part of our local group which could be moving toward us. if its outside our local group it moves away. face a. because i believe the coma cluster is part of our local group.

section 3: facts b, e, & f. f because a galaxy outside our local group can't move toward us. e because i dont believe galaxies move any faster during winter or summer. and b because i dont exactly understand the statement but i believe if it expands the same then it cant support or contradict.

section 2. facts d & g because the farther they are away the faster they go away which means the dont contribute to the expansion of the universe. (unless i have that backwards).
1 answer