Why do SOME christians assume that everyone else is christian?

As a non-christian I find this insulting and annoying. Personally, I'm not affiliated with any religion. However, I do believe there is a higher power.

Favorite Answer

I grew up Roman Catholic, and to be honest where I grew up all my friends were some form of christian, not that we really talked about it in grade school. But it wasn't until high school until it really clicked that not everyone knows the stories in the bible, or even what the bible is. I know it is probably very insulting but you have to understand unless you live in or near a city, many people do grow up in a neighbor with few other religions if any, and God which is not jsut affiliated with christians is something that is just fused into their vocabulary and culture. For the most part, unless there some freak-recruiting born-again, they mean you no harm or annoyance its just they were raised seclusively.

• Jim W

Why do SOME people assume that those christians are Christians?

You are affiliated with a particular religion (although it may be your own) because you have made an attempt to explain God.

• Leo

I've used the term "Christian-centric" to describe this board and the people on it. That's not intended as a slam at anyone, just an observation. It's probably because most people on here are Americans and most Americans are Christian, It's the dominant religion here but a minority in the rest of the world.

joshcating, do no longer post questions that time out you're no longer a Christian and then pose as one on the boards. it is deceitful, offensive, and rude. because of the fact the guy posting this question replaced into complaining approximately movements lots the comparable (issues that are insulting), i hit upon it immature of you to be doing the ideal comparable element. As to your question, i do no longer think of you could positioned us all in that container. As a Christian, I incredibly much never assume somebody is a Christian. i'm probable greater offensive to the different degree, that i hit upon all and sundry to no longer be a Christian (or the different faith) till they tell me they are. do no longer generalize and stereotype people. i in my view locate that insulting and annoying.

• Miz T

It's worse than you think. Some people think that their brand of Christianity speaks for all Christians. The Christian Coalition, for example, excludes more than half of all Christians from their membership because of their radical beliefs--clearly, they are not coalescing.

On the other hand, perhaps that delusion of exclusivity turns up in other religions as well and it's not exclusive to Christians?

As a Christian I think that most claiming to be Christians are not but because they were raised in a church they think that they are. Jesus even said their were few Christians. "straight is the gate and narrow is the way that leadeth unto life and FEW there be that find it." Yet in the USA surveys show that 70% of Americans claim to be Christian, that is not FEW.

Who is this "higher power" you speak of?

I, for one never assume anyone else is anything except for the fruit they bear.

they just don't have a clear concept of how others think. it's not restricted to Christians.

They just hate anyone being different in any way. It's harder from them to control people who are different.

They have been brainwashed from infancy so they see their beliefs as normal. All forms of theistic belief are mental illness