how do i get rid of pop-ups on my computer?

i want to know how i can get rid of pop-ups on my computer without having to pay anything for a package does anybody know what i can do. they pop up everytime i go on the internet and they slow my computer down.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Everyone has already mentioned the pop up blocker option however it sounds like you actually have spyware causing your pop ups.

Download: Spybot - Search & Destroy. over 100,000,000 people have downloaded this program already and it's free!

Download here: http://ddl.netau.net/spybot-search-destroy-1-6-2-t...

• 1 decade ago

XP and Vista both have a pop up blocker in internet options.

Use the help facility if you cannot find it

• 1 decade ago

Click on Tools,then Pop-up blocker and turn on Pop-up blocker.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Block them in Internet Options> click sercurity tab and then privacy tab and raise the bar to a higher level.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

First do an update on windows defender,then do a scan with it.Then go to tools in right upper corner on Explorer and click pop up blocker.Then go to howtogeek.com for tips on your windows.

• 1 decade ago

if you have internet explorer 7 you can go to tools,pop-up blocker and press turn off pop-up blocker.

• 4 years ago

depends if its a virus popups or just popups . all u have to do with the normal ones are put on the popup blocker and tht will sort it out if not then u have to scan ur computer for a virus

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

you can go to this website http://www.geekssupport.net for pop ups and ads removal technical support online

you can join live chat with technician

• NoBozo
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

well,what kind of browser is it and what are these pop-ups saying?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you can block them , its in your options

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.