bradleyzombie asked in PetsRodents · 1 decade ago

im looking to find a tail-less rat?

i live in Caldwell Idaho and am willing to go as far as Boise if there are any close.

the tails don't really bother me its more for my girlfriend

if you can help then thank you very much

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There's so tail-less rats but i heard that the shopkeeper will some how take it off with no pain (but don't ask because he might chop it off)

Just get a hamster, they are like rats and they only have small tails that are like 1-2cm long! That are also cute!

Hope i have helped!

• Cheryl
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

you can get a manx rat with is breed without a tail. The upshot of this breed is that you must get it from a breeder and therefore you know that it will be healthy and probably live longer. The downshot is that they are a fairly rare breed so you may end up spending more money to get your rat, It all depends on your prorities. You might try holding a regular rat. The tails are not as bad as you probably think they are. Rats use their tails for balance and even to give rat hugs. It's pretty adorable to watch a rat clean her tail. So try holding one at a store or at local breeders and see if the tail really is as bad as you think it is. But if you do get a normal rat, I would still recommend using a breeder instead of a pet store because like I said, your rat will probably have a longer life that way!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

As you know, or you wouldn't be asking, there ARE tail-less rats. They're hard to come by though. I tried looking for breeders in your area, but I couldn't find any. Your best bet would to be to go to Goosemoose.com and ask there. Its a rat forum and they're from all over the country. I'm sure they'll know where you can get one. Also, google tailless rat. That gives you some good information too.

Good luck!! lol you could always just get her use to the tails! I personally love the tails ^_^

Edit : I'm sure they'll know where you can get TWO. lol seeing as you should never just have one.

And here's a link incase you're interested. http://www.afrma.org/taillessrats.htm

Source(s): Rat owner for 7+ years
  • Andy D
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Contrary to most of the answers here there are tail-less rats. However because it requires special breeding. No pet shops will carry them and not many breeders try to anyways.

This is the best list I could find for tail-less rat breeders.

ACME Lap B'rats Rattery, Alabama

Crazzy H Rattery, Georgia

Deer Creek Rattery, Michigan

EaglesEye Rattery, Oregon

Historic Rattery, South Carolina

Manx N' More Rattery, Michigan

Rambunctious Bratz Rodentry and Rescue, Florida

Rat Genesis, California

Whispering Wise Rattery, Canada

White Cloud Rattery, Arizona

Please not this is for every single rattery in the entire country, good luck finding a tail-less!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

im looking to find a tail-less rat?

i live in Caldwell Idaho and am willing to go as far as Boise if there are any close.

the tails don't really bother me its more for my girlfriend

if you can help then thank you very much

Source(s): im find tail rat: https://biturl.im/RJpMA
  • korff
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Manx Rat

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There aren't rats that are tail-less. If you don't want a tail, get a hamster.

And don't even think about cutting a rat's tail off.

• 1 decade ago

tails are cool! whenever you slightly lift a rats tail up, it stays there for ages! its funny!

but sorry can't help u :(

• 1 decade ago

there is no species of rats without tails so u will have to cut their tails if u need one without one

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.