Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 1 decade ago

computer internet problem?

i was on some how to speak russian website when all of the sudden my computer said i had a virus in it or something... at the time i thought it was just trying to get me to download something so i closed that window immediately. Now my internet is slow and pop ups keep coming up even though the pop up blocker is turned on i think it was from visiting that website. if anyone could help i would be extremely grateful.

Favorite Answer

Use a new internet web browser. I have always had endless problems with Internet Explorer and Firefox. Currently I am using Opera. It's the fastest and safest browser to date. And best of all it FREE!!! and takes very little time to download.

Here is where you can get it from

http://www.opera.com/browser/

Hopes its as some help

Based on what you say. It's hard to figure out what the issue is. You did not say whether you are using High speed or dial or wireless. If you are using a wireless internet, it could be signal barrier issue. If you are using High speed, it could be spyware issue, if dial up, could be bandwidth issue. If you were using you computer ok before. I don't think it's computer issue. Modem power surge issue is also possible.

maybe try getting some sort of Anti-virus, try AVG, it's the best there is for free....

if you have one already try usuing an anti-malware program i recommend spy doctor...

and as another suggestion, try using google chrome internet brower, instead of just internet explorer, because it has been tested and was proven by real time hackers that it was absolutely the hardest to hack into, so you'll be much safer using google chrome....

ps, jus google any program I've mentioned

Source(s): having a soddy computer

free.avg.com -> get an antivirus

safer-networking.com -> Get Search and Destroy

do a full scan on both of those

that should clean everything bad off

try scanning for viruses and spyware avg is great for this you could also try spybot search and destroy, these are 2 great programs that i have to work great, also another is CCleaner, this helps get rid of cookies and unwanted/unneeded junk, also can clean ur registry from problems

Source(s): knowledge of computers

If you google 'malware' you will find a # of free malware scanners . I suggest you run your anti-virus along with one of these. Good Luck.

Antivirus.

If all else fails do a system restore to the day before that happened.

Try deleting the browsing history, it usually works...

Happened to me before.

install a good antivirus on your computer and update and scan your full computer.

get a virus scan done.........those sites r just spam....