If someone said they were the son of god in todays society...?

would you think they are crazy? I am not trying to bash, I just think that most people today would think they needed to go to a mental home. And if he showed some type of powers, would you think he would be practising witchcraft? I am just curious. Please don't hate on me. I just wanna know what you think.

Ernest S, no I don't think what I said is a little stupid. You see, I want to know what YOU think. Personally, I would think they are mental unless there were miracles involved. I have never read the bible and don't intend to coz I find Christianity is not for me. I just want to know what other peoples views are. :)

Ah yes, I forgot to mention, I don't class witchcraft, psychic ability etc (basically the power we can all tap in to) as a miracle.

Favorite Answer

My mother (Catholic) always says... "Y'know? If Jesus DOES come back, we'd probably crucify him all over again!!"

- atheist

╔═════════════════════════════════════

║Those who regard a freedom from the false morals and obsolete

║practices regarding sex or religion as debauched are doing naught

║but corrupting their minds with foolishness.

║My morals come from compassion; my compassion from

║understanding. And I seek to know and understand... everything.

╚═════════════════════════════════════

The bible says to test the spirits, meaning if you want to know if what this person says or does is of God then see what scripture has to say about it. Biblegateway.com has some great search features. As far as being sons of God, in Eph 1:5 it says believers are "adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ." That does not make us "little gods," but rather we are loved, despite our sinful condition, and when we confess and turn from sin we are accepted by God, just like when a child is chosen to be adopted into a family.

Source(s): biblegateway.com

You are right in saying people who have the delusion of being the son of God go to the mental institution. In that place you will find God, Jesus and sometimes Gabriel. It is a pity we didn't have a mental illness service at the time of Jesus. Then the illusion of religion would never broke out like it did.

• glory

No, I would not think they were crazy if they were born again. As for the powers, if they are Christian and God gave them gifts of healings and miracles, I would not think they were practicing witchcraft. But that's me.

Source(s): www.jesuscloud.org

Christ said, And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many...Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Behold, I have told you before.

Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

There is only one genuine.

But Christ has proved it by His resurrection from the dead.

None has ever been able to give a reasonable denial though many have tried and even more dismiss.

Don't you make yourself to look a little stupid saying what you have said?

Edit : thank you for your comments.

Is there any greater miracle than rising from the dead?

Yet you have decided without examining the evidence and refuse to even consider examining the evidence.

As Shakespeare said, Take away the fool, gentlemen.

The new testament teaches:

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. Rom. 8: 16-17.

So technically, any one of us could come out and say we are Sons or Daughters of God. And people would believe we are crazy either way. Others would not, however, because the spirit has testified to their spirit that they really are children of God.

"god men" now and through out history have been misunderstood by the majority of humanity incarnated at the same time.

It is a huge step for most of us to accept the possibility of divine incarnation. It is even harder to actually seek and find such a a "person".

My teacher says we are all sons of God.

We have the divine within us and that is our true reality.

I suppose to some that makes me crazy :)))))))))))))))))))))))))

We are all Sons and Daughters of God and we all have spiritual powers within us. And that is not craziness. It is the truth, but some people are not yet ready to accept it. They are hindered by their physical mind.

Source(s): G-Mind

the Bible says that when Jesus comes back He'll be holding nothing back. it'll be a lot different than last time. i think it'd be hard laugh off the power of God, but that's just me.

David Icke told everyone he was the son of God a few years ago. I don't think anyone believed him!