The House of God . . .?

I believe whole-heartedly that God exists, and I've grown up with a strong sense of faith. However, my family does not completely adhere to the Bible; because the Bible was written by man; it is man's interpenetration of what Jesus said, the content was swayed by political, prejudice, and personal beliefs of the people who wrote it. I believe in most of the lessons, but not all of the events or the 'regulations' that were put in it(I do follow the Commandments). I am worried that because of this, I will not be considered suitable for His Kingdom. Any thoughts?

Favorite Answer

I think anyone who would pretend to know the mind of God is both arrogant and dishonest - whether God exists, or not.

• Yoda

I think if you search for the truth and with an open mind, studying not only christian but other materials, you could develop an understanding for yourself, just as Jesus did.

There is much allegory in the bible. Not one of the miracles was ''a real event'', but a vehicle to hide a lesson. Its not until I delved into the apocrypha, and Vedic scriptures, that I began to find understanding of how cleverly hidden are some of the teachings of Jesus.

Clearly the rabbit hole is quite deep, despite not appearing so from the outside. One does have to want to go down the rabbit whole; which you cannot do from a literalistic perspective.

Your instincts are quite correct; and I should think you'd be much more likely to find harmony with Gods kingdom if you followed them further.

Source(s): http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gosthom.html Gospel of Thomas Nag Hammadi library. Apocryphon of John. http://vedabase.net/bg http://vedabase.net/sb

I grew up the same way, and yes, even though the bible was written by man, the idea is to follow it by faith. Don't let it bother you too much. You may learn more as time goes by. Pray for faith and understanding. You don't need to get caught up in the regulations, or worry about being suitable. Most people struggle with this. You may want to discuss it with your pastor too. But keep things in perspective. Don't become so caught up in religion that you become a fanatic and close yourself off to other opinions and people. :)

I think it's only natural when all you have is a belief to doubt it, simply because you don't know. Most persons do not even suspect the existence of God and naturally they are not very keen about God. There are others who, through the influence of tradition, belong to some faith or another and catch the belief in the existence of God from their surroundings. Their faith is just strong enough to keep them bound to certain rituals, ceremonies or beliefs and rarely possesses that vitality which is necessary to bring about a radical change in one’s entire attitude towards life. There are still others who are philosophically minded and have an inclination to believe in the existence of God either because of their own speculations or because of the assertions of others. For them, God is at best an hypothesis or an intellectual idea. Such lukewarm belief in itself can never be sufficient incentive for launching upon a serious search for God. Such persons do not know of God from personal knowledge, and for them God is not an object of intense desire or endeavour.

What you need to do is to find out directly the Truth which requires a new level of perspective and meditations to stop your mind. Mind working is Man, mind slowed down is a lover of God, mind that is stopped is God.

Why wouldn't you be? I'm not religious however if you believe your god is a forgiving and understanding one then you have nothing to worry about. Don't let someone tell you otherwise. Faith should be uplifting and give you a feeling of hope. It should not feel like a chore or a burden and not taken like a job. So if someone is telling you your not going into what you believe you will then shame on them. No one has the right to say what will happen to any of us in the end or how we should live our lives in the present as long as we are not in anyway harming or interfering negatively on purpose to another or ourselves.

i can tell how much you love God by how you treat His word. tell your family they are missing a great blessing. to discount the Bible because it was written by man would force you to discount every work of man no matter how beautiful or true it seems. and though, it is wrong to say it was by men, it was THROUGH men. the Spirit of God authored it, how else could someone 4000 years before the Son of God came onto the scene depict Him over and over and over again in what the jews call their law, prophets, and writings? Jesus IS the word of the Lord because He is the Lord of the word, the whole Bible is about Him- the Him book. it doesn't matter if you follow the commandments, because breaking one of them will destroy your integrity in God's eyes, to break one is to break them all. therefore Jesus is where your trust and obedience must abide because He knew NO SIN, and gave His life to erase yours. if you straighten your outlook on the Bible, you will not have to question wether or not you are suitable for His kingdom, because it is His kingdom and there is nothing you can do to make yourself acceptable or deplorable to God.

John 6:37 Everything the Father gives me will come to me, and I'll NEVER turn away the one who comes to me.

Your parents are wrong. The Bible was given to the holy men by God and the Bible states that.

2 Peter 1:20-21 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Be faithful in the way you believe God wants you through your whole life. That will keep you happy and will give you a peaceful end. I'm not faithful within a religion but I do believe that if an upper being did exsit it would not except you no matter what. Unless of course you are truly evil.

Im glad to see ppl truly taking God seriously.. its not common..

this is a strange question tho.

i believe that if Jesus was God he chose his disciples carefully enough to know that what they would right would be of significance.. therefore i feel it is necessary to accept what has been written in the bible as what God intended.

however if you are still skeptical about that than focus on the Gospels, at least those are just testimonies for what Christ did..

my advice is ffind a bible that will give you a timeline to cross reference to the other Gospels.. or that has notes in it that do that..

Actually, the Bible was not written by man. God told man what to write, so, technically, it is God's word. I study Jon Courson, and he has great insights on things of the such. Maybe you could contact them to reveal a study on this concept. Plus, God wants us to be his followers, and since he cannot appear to us personally, how will he know what He wants us to do? The Bible. Anyways, there were other men who wrote false scriptures to put in the Bible, and those were thrown out. So yeah :)

Not one is suitable for God's kingdom...no not one (Romans 3). Despite what you think about the influences of man on the bible, what Jesus said about who he was and what was necessary for salvation is truth. Salvation, or rights to Gods kingdom come by faith in Jesus alone and grace alone.

Email me if you wanna talk more!