Why do Black Americans complain when thier doing better than blacks in every country?

Poverty rate of blacks in civilized nations

24% Black Americans.

26% Black British

38% Black Canadians

I didnt compare to Africa or Carribean countries cause that just wouldnt be fair.We have a Black American first family and everything..Why do Black Americans complain when thier doing better than everyone else?

Its all sourced

UK http://www.jrf.org.uk/sites/files/jrf/2006-ethnici...

Canada http://www.ccsd.ca/perception/244/racism.htm

U.S. http://www.irp.wisc.edu/faqs/faq3.htm

K: Actually my boss let us off early today...Had some extra time to look up these stats

SOmeone wanted me to compare to Africa and the Carribean.. I took the two largest countries...Not only are these rates higher, they are also on a lower standard of living...So the are worst than they look

Nigerian poverty rate 65%

Jamaican poverty rate 35%

Favorite Answer

That is still a very high.

Imagine if 24% of the United States was under the poverty line?

Stupid statement.

We're complaining because we're WORSE off than everyone else in THIS country.

Also, those stats are highly skewed. Almost the ENTIRE black population of Canada and the UK is comprised of relatively recent immigrants; most have parents who werent born there or otherwise weren't born there themselves. Obviously, immigrants fleeing poverty or violence in their home countries are not always gonna have a very high standard of living themselves.

And what do you mean "civilised" nations? Look at the Seychelles, Cayman Islands, Bahamas and Barbados...those are countries that are mainly black and have populations that are relatively well off financially and socially.

Also, what is defined as the "poverty line" varies drastically from country to country.

EDIT:

But if you look at the top 5 nations in North America by standard of living, 3 out of the 5 are Caribbean nations. The poverty rates of Barbados, St Kitts, Antigua & Barbuda, The Bahamas & Trinidad & Tobago are each under 20%

It's funny to see how black people are in other countries.. I'm black and I live in the UK. If we complain in this country, everyone complains, not just one race or group of people. I don't know what you guys do over there but I'm very happy being here and being black. WE'RE NOT ALL THE SAME. Oh and by the way, Africa is not as bad as the media displays it. Some people live pretty good lives. I don't live below the poverty line too.

I agree with what one of the previous answers said. The poverty line is not universal. What is considered to be below the poverty line in one country, may not be in another.

They complain because it's their god given and constitutional right to complain that why ? And far be it from me, to stop anyone from pratising their constitutional rights to express themselves.

I knows there's white folks all over the world, but it doesn't make me feel less like complaining no matter what life their living...if i'm gonna be compared to anyone let it be my own countrymen and in my own country, same laws, rules.

If one likes those comparisions, check out the pay scale for your job in that country and go with that or see how lucky you are and ask for no more raises, or more of anything for that matter.

im a caribbean... and our living styles there are much different than black americans... first off, we dont live in the richest country in the world, so that might help. second off, it doesnt matter how larger the percentage is, its still horrible for 24% to be below the poverty line. please compare with caribbeans and the africans to BE FAIR. i hate how black people everywhere keep going against each other.... were are all black, stop acting like you're any better than the rest of us.

EDIT::: IM NOT JAMAICAN... so that doesnt really help me :P

• me

I'm an African-American, and I NEVER complain, I'm not even living in poverty!

And anyone whose living in poverty due to white oppresion has the right to complain.

i think of there ought to be shows that provide the unfavorable something they are in a position to relate to as properly as teach the wealthy how the fewer fortunate spend their days, how they stay and the relationships they have. regardless of the incontrovertible fact that, I additionally do no longer think of anybody needs to have undesirable or unhappy thoughts whilst they have the time to chill out in front of the television. i in my opinion seem for entertainment and a non everlasting get away from the each and daily rigidity, and that i do no longer care to work out "love in the ghetto" on my television. Sorry, yet i do no longer. (and that i do no longer want to work out Paris Hilton, the two!!)

I think that that is pretty high, 24%, in 1 of the richest nations in the world?

but i guess most people don't know the statistics of other countries, so they don't know how good/bad they have it.

dude you're such an idiot. i'm jamaica and that statistics is so wrong!! fyi jamaica is not the largest in the caribbean dumbo the largest is cuba, dominican republic and haiti. i grow up in jamaica in red hills and had everything i wanted. idiot!!!!