Why do vegetarians find it cruel to eat meat?

I know not all vegetarians do, but I'm honestly just curious to know why it's "cruel." I have an aunt who owns a ranch and am a hunter myself. I just wonder what all of you think.
Update: I know not all vegetarians do, but I'm honestly just curious to know why it's "cruel." I have an aunt who owns a ranch and am a hunter myself. I just wonder what all of you think. -Edit I should probably add that most hunters aim for a quick death aiming for either the shoulder/ heart region or... show more I know not all vegetarians do, but I'm honestly just curious to know why it's "cruel." I have an aunt who owns a ranch and am a hunter myself. I just wonder what all of you think.
-Edit
I should probably add that most hunters aim for a quick death aiming for either the shoulder/ heart region or the brain, causing the quickest death possible. And quite honestly, do you think it's any more humane if a wolf tears out the throat of a deer? The deer isn't given much of a chance there either.
As for slaughter houses I've been to one myself and while yes, many conditions are inhumane, not all are like that.
Update 2: I should probably add that most hunters aim for a quick death aiming for either the shoulder/ heart region or the brain, causing the quickest death possible. And quite honestly, do you think it's any more humane if a wolf tears out the throat of a deer? The deer isn't given much of a chance there... show more I should probably add that most hunters aim for a quick death aiming for either the shoulder/ heart region or the brain, causing the quickest death possible. And quite honestly, do you think it's any more humane if a wolf tears out the throat of a deer? The deer isn't given much of a chance there either.