2000 dodge intrepid oil pressure?

where is the oil pressure switch located on the engine?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

If your Chrysler is showing low oil pressure, it just might be from a little thing called an oil pressure relief valve, which is part of the oil pump. If the engine's oil supply is sludgy from a poor choice of engine oil brand, the sludge is drawn into this valve and inhibit it's proper functioning. That's why I recommend a safe dislodging chemical, like butyl cello-solve. It's foaming action is thorough and gentle enough to be able to be installed and driven with for a few days to continue the internal cleaning and disposal of harmful engine deposits. Chrysler engines, for some reason, are more vulnerable to this than most. Especially the 2.7 liter engine. Actually, there is a major lawsuit involving this, but I won't get into that now. It also removes the goo that may be lodged in your oil pressure switch. LEARN!!!! Use only Mobil One in the future. It does not build up or breakdown under extreme engine temepratures and cleans as you drive. Expensive engine components like hydraulic lifters and chain tensioners, will be protected. Also, you only need to change it once a year or so in most cars.

• 4 years ago

Do yourself a huge favour buy the automotive lemonade book that comes out one a year its an excellent used or new or rookie buyer tool and a great eye opener too. Hope that helps and best of luck.By the way whenever deciding on buying any vehicle be sure to do your homework and if the seller won't allow you to have your own reliable mechanic check it over for you performing a full inspection check then walk away from the deal asap.The 2.7's don't have a good rep so stay far away from those engines unless you've proof that it was well taken are off and is mechanically up to par. I own a 3.3 Intrepid and to me their one of the best engines that Dodge ever used in their vehicles "accept for the older slant six engines that is".

• Rudy H
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Usually by the oil filter.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.