Is the Holy Spirit a female aspect of the trinity?

Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Think about it, how can you have a son without some sort of female aspect? Was this just the Hebrew way of keeping women out of powerful positions?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yes of course it is, the full name of the holy Spirit is Ruach Hakodesh (look it up, don't accept what I tell you is the truth)

Ruach Hakodesh is the hebrew name and it is Feminine, its not accepted as feminine now because how can a female make another female pregnant? as in Mary.

So the Christian idea of the Holy Spirit has been changed into something that is different to Judaism, although it is the Jewish idea of the Holy Spirit that Jesus would have believed in and taught. So then how can Christians change Jesus's beliefs into something completly different?

Ruach Hakodesh as the Holy Spirit also means Divine Inspiration, check that too.

• 1 decade ago

The Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost as some call it doesn't refer to begetting anyone, except yourself maybe. It represents the God within yourself or enlightenment. It's similar to the trinity of the Maiden, the Mother and the Crone in older religions.

And I could be wrong here, but the Hebrews didn't have a thing to do with the Holy Trinity. They don't believe in Jesus as a Savior, therefore it is not their way of keeping women out of powerful positions. It's a Christian thing and they've done a good job of keeping women out of power as well. The Inquisition and all of their torturous witch hunts have proven that. Plus the fact that women still cannot preside over a Catholic Mass.

• CC
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Organic religions usually have a female component, that often evolves into a more subtle approach in modern religions.

In Catholicism, the Virgin Mary is revered as such, and is often an intercessory to the male deity. Most christians believe the holy ghost/spirit to be of no gender. However, you can attribute gender specific roles to the character traits of deities.

Typically, vessels or receiving traits are attributed to the feminine while the act of filling is attributed to the masculine.

Source(s): An atheist perspective.
  • 1 decade ago

Well that would be kind of difficult being that it was the Holy Spirit that over shadowed Marry.

No the Holy Ghost is not female are male it is just another aspect of God.

And God is neither male or female White or Black He Is I AM.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That's a good way to think of it, cause the Holy Spirit comforts like a mother. But, the Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary to get her pregers so I don't know. I don't really think there is gender, just roles.

• wamba
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

The Valentinian Christians in the second and third century referred to the Father as "God the Father" and the Holy Spirit as "God the Mother". Maybe you should look up some more about them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He's Male. Mary is the female aspect. The Trinity is a Catholic idea anyway; it has nothing to do with the Hebrews.

• 1 decade ago

I don't believe the Holy Spirit has a gender, necessarily, but I do believe it exhibits the "maternal" qualities of God. The Holy Spirit is our comforter.

• Frank
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The Holy Spirit is referred to as 'He' so he is not female.

• 1 decade ago

the trinity is non gender. god is not a man o a woman. and jesus isn't truly god's son. they are all the same. god doesn't need a woman to have a son...he is GOD. haha. it is a really complicated prospect, but a good way to get it is to read the shack.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.