Moving to Kansas City, MO--good part of town?

I am moving to KC for work within the next month. I am a 24-year-old single female (w/a dog... Boston terrier) and looking for a good part of town to live in. My work is south of the city near Olathe. I'm from Atlanta so a longer commute is no big deal for me, and I am looking in the downtown area--but all... show more I am moving to KC for work within the next month. I am a 24-year-old single female (w/a dog... Boston terrier) and looking for a good part of town to live in. My work is south of the city near Olathe. I'm from Atlanta so a longer commute is no big deal for me, and I am looking in the downtown area--but all cities come with "bad" parts of town, so I am looking for more specific districts and areas.

I'd like to be around a 20-something year old crowd, and a dog park nearby if possible. Any suggestions?