Consuela asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Feelings on ASSISTED SUICIDE?

I am doing a survey.

PLEASE WRITE AGREE OR DISAGREE

BEFORE EXPLAINING YOUR OPINION.

I want to clearly know how you stand before reading what you feel.

if defining pain as a reason for argument, please state what you consider as definitive pain. What type of pain is worthy or unworth of this death tactic?

Favorite Answer

I totally DISAGREE with assisted suicide. It is wrong and immoral. I do not see how doctors or any one could help kill some one who obviously needs help. People who argue with me claim "If the person is in pain and wants to die, they should be able to go in a peaceful way with the help of doctors". But, this is opening a whole other door for people with mental issues, suicidal people, ect.. this will be sending a message that suicide is okay. NO NO NO..ASSISTED SUICIDE SHOULD BE ILLEGAL AND STAY THAT WAY.

AGREE.

BUT This is a very grey area. I agree only for the sake of people clearly in serious suffering (like severe burn victims who are never going to be able to function again) or for the people so sick they are gasping for breath every minute of every day. Such suffering is needless. However I think there should be a definitive line drawn. I mean if a patient says oh I want to die that's not a sign for the doctor to go grab a syringe and pump it full of deadly chemicals. I think only if the person is legitimately suffering horribly and physically and there is literally no hope of recovery, should the patient's pleas be considered. I don't think any mental condition justifies this, only the seriously physical, like lung cancer or burn victims.

Hope that helped!

Well, I'm afraid that I have to agree and disagree. I believe that a person has the right to terminate his life whenever he wants, thats his freedom. Assisting suicide brings big problems for the person assisting. But my dad said he would shoot me straight through the temple if I were to go blind, and I welcome that. So, my answer is yes and no.

Source(s): Personal experience

I believe if somebody wants to commit suicide, they are not mentally stable. For this reason, I am against it.